[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Daman453

I know the lore says no alien races, but eh what ever. I don't like furry s, but you seemed to put in the effort. Thumbs up for a non low effort mod. Good job!
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Daman453 on November 04, 2016, 10:05:48 PM
I know the lore says no alien races, but eh what ever. I don't like furry s, but you seemed to put in the effort. Thumbs up for a non low effort mod. Good job!

I'm well aware; these aliens are more or less from Stellaris. As such, they have faster than light travel and blah blah blah. More lore via item descriptions will come eventually...

Quote from: diannetea on November 04, 2016, 09:43:54 PM
is the word "recipes" misspelled on purpose in the "RecipieDefs" folder & "Recipies_Orassan_Surgery" filename?
quit digging around in my files :p
I may or may not suck at spelling

Commander Blackwatch

is the word "recipes" misspelled on purpose in the "RecipieDefs" folder & "Recipies_Orassan_Surgery" filename?

Does it matter the spelling than the mod works?
"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Pink Omega

Bug report:the texture of the male oris are looking like this.
females are normal (look at the right of the picture).
ps: I'm also a little concerned because my PC is a little shitty, so I don't know if it's a problem with my graphics, but I think it wouldn't do that with a 2D game like rimworld, heh.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

<=To Be Continued/\/

Seagullz

Quote from: Pink Omega on November 05, 2016, 01:51:45 PM
ps: I'm also a little concerned because my PC is a little shitty, so I don't know if it's a problem with my graphics, but I think it wouldn't do that with a 2D game like rimworld, heh.

No, you're completely right, the male ori's do seem to have a texture issue. It's also happening on my high-end build.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Seagullz on November 05, 2016, 03:49:47 PM

No, you're completely right, the male ori's do seem to have a texture issue. It's also happening on my high-end build.

Should be fixed; must have forgot to click submit when I posted the fix ^^'

Pink Omega

Quote from: Diana Winters on November 05, 2016, 07:41:51 PM
Quote from: Seagullz on November 05, 2016, 03:49:47 PM

Should be fixed; must have forgot to click submit when I posted the fix ^^'
Thanks Diana! Are you planning to add more creatures? (Like Naru's species from Ori and the blind forest).

<=To Be Continued/\/

Diana Winters

diannetea

Quote from: Blackwatch27 on November 05, 2016, 04:44:27 AM

Nope, I've just only been at this a day and am not sure if file names needed to be spelled properly to work :)

Diana Winters

Quote from: diannetea on November 06, 2016, 02:16:16 AM
Quote from: Blackwatch27 on November 05, 2016, 04:44:27 AM

Nope, I've just only been at this a day and am not sure if file names needed to be spelled properly to work :)

File names do not need to spelt correctly. I could make all the files names gibberish along the lines of "sdfgsdfgh" and they would still work

Diana Winters

Quote from: Killface on November 07, 2016, 06:51:44 PM
I've just started a game with the Orassans. They're a nice addition.

But I think they currently break the game as they are overpowered. They base attack is way too high, almost killing other pawns with one hit, even at melee level 1. Also the min comfy temperature of -60 °C makes clothing useless. They even eat vegetables, something I wouldn't expect from a cat species. The hightened move speed is a little high, as pawns with bionic legs move ridicously fast.
Maybe you'd like to take some of my findings into consideration. Keep up the good work!

Melee skill level does not influence damage at all; only melee accuracy. Though I admit that it is a bit overkill. As for the min comfortable temp; they evolved to live on a planet that consisted of almost entirely ice. They are meant to play on very cold climates if you want balance. I'm not going to do much balance around bionics. As for eating vegetables; a purely carnivorous species would be unable to attain the level of agriculture necessary to create civilization, let alone space faring status.

Also note the smaller bodysize and health scale of the Orassans, making them weaker and more susceptible to losing limbs. Unarmored Orassans would be easy pickings... As for the armored ones; I suggest you try explosives or fire... or not pick a fight with them.

In any case, I'll lower their speed a tad... maybe. I shall also lower their damage somewhat.

Diana Winters

Update 9: Balancing n' shizz

Diana Winters

Update 10: Minor updates; tail less likely to be hit and has more health. EPOE patch updated as well.

Canute

Quote from: Diana Winters on November 15, 2016, 08:43:18 PM

Update 10: Minor updates; tail less likely to be hit and has more health. EPOE patch updated as well.
And i thought all cats need to run without tails, like Haplo's robots without cam. unit to prevent talking ! :-)

Are you serious with the cat weapons ? Don't you think they are a bit to overpowered ?
The cyrogenic launcher is a devasting weapon, hugh damage potiential, very large blast radius, not onetime use, the only drawback are the long warmup.

Not sure if you want be vanilla friendly or just be overpowered like Glittertech.

corjest

Just wanted to give a heads up, in order for the mod to work on Linux I had to change "about.xml" to "About.xml" or else it wasn't finding the file.