[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

ZackIsTheDevil

i figured out how to increase spawning by messing with your config file if you want to know i'll make a video on it and show you ;D thanks for the help anyways and info

Diana Winters

Quote from: ZackIsTheDevil on December 17, 2016, 03:37:55 PM
i figured out how to increase spawning by messing with your config file if you want to know i'll make a video on it and show you ;D thanks for the help anyways and info

Just telling me would be fine

mraadx

Quote from: Diana Winters on December 15, 2016, 12:20:32 PM
Quote from: mraadx on December 15, 2016, 04:00:27 AM
seems like the orassans enclave doesn't have any settlements in the new a16 world. will there be a new addition to the mod regarding the base design of orassan in the future? that would be great!

Are you sure? I usually get one or two...

They have a snowflake icon

ah yeah. I found one, it's in the other side of the planet. but, just one? Is there any part of the xml that I can modify to get more of them cat colonies? thanks!
Graphic Designer. Will draw for $.

drakemasta

could we get a a15 version aswell you said you had one in the notes but only the a16 version is offered and steam isnt up to a16 yet

Diana Winters

Quote from: drakemasta on December 18, 2016, 07:56:20 AM
could we get a a15 version aswell you said you had one in the notes but only the a16 version is offered and steam isnt up to a16 yet

Look under "Old Versions"
15.14 should be at the bottom

Kitsune

Hey wanted to say thank you for that nice mod. I like it really, furry for all! :3 The sad thing i have at the moment is i cant get it to work with the patch for prepare carefully, think i have to wait till the patch is updated. :'(

Diana Winters

Quote from: Kitsune on December 20, 2016, 01:08:18 PM
Hey wanted to say thank you for that nice mod. I like it really, furry for all! :3 The sad thing i have at the moment is i cant get it to work with the patch for prepare carefully, think i have to wait till the patch is updated. :'(

I believe the patch is integrated now; you do not need the alien framework one I think

I'll update the description once I'm sure

For now, try to use it without the alien framework version of PC and load my mod under prepare carefully

And thanks for your kind words c:

Kitsune

Hai, without the patch i can start it, okay that slipt under my view. xD On the other side i see no option to create a orassans pawn.*looking for hidden buttons*

Edit: If i have a orassans-colonist in the starting three and clicking on prepare carefully, if i have him/her selectet the window changes to the prepare carefully correctly but the fluff is gone and its now a normal colonist. :O

Diana Winters

Quote from: Kitsune on December 20, 2016, 01:23:34 PM
Hai, without the patch i can start it, okay that slipt under my view. xD On the other side i see no option to create a orassans pawn.*looking for hidden buttons*

Edit: If i have a orassans-colonist in the starting three and clicking on prepare carefully, if i have him/her selectet the window changes to the prepare carefully correctly but the fluff is gone and its now a normal colonist. :O

They should still be Orassans once the game starts. You may have to save and reload. I'll talk to the coder helping me about it

Ninjakitty66

I hope you plan on making a doggy/puppy race that are their sworn enemies!

Diana Winters

Quote from: Ninjakitty66 on December 20, 2016, 06:40:30 PM

I shall not deign to sink to the level of tired stereotypes

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: Diana Winters on December 20, 2016, 11:05:03 PM
Quote from: Ninjakitty66 on December 20, 2016, 06:40:30 PM

I shall not deign to sink to the level of tired stereotypes
Why do people always think that cats and dogs should be enemies?

Kitsune

Quote from: Diana Winters on December 20, 2016, 06:26:57 PM
They should still be Orassans once the game starts. You may have to save and reload. I'll talk to the coder helping me about it

I dont know, if i start the game with prepare carefully all the kittens are humans as they where shown in the prepare carefully screen. q.q Maybe the problem go away with the time go's by, no problem, i will simply wait over there in the corner with big shiny watery eyes. Q_Q

"Lucky" me i fear i anyway have to wait for updates to a few other mod's and first after that i can finaly start playing. :3

Love

I really liked the idea of this mod, but when I tried it out I didn't really like it.

The Storyteller picture looks fine in the thumbnail, but when you click it you get the same picture just overly stretched across the screen.

And the actual Orassan pawns themselves - I'm not against having cat people, quite the opposite, but the detail on their faces doesn't match the style of RimWorld pawns, too much shading and fine detail, and it makes them look really off.

Ninjakitty66

On another note, I think the Kitty LMG might be a little unbalanced. I had my kitty people attack one of the kitty caravans, about five people vs one. That one was a kitty with a lmg hiding behind a tree with five people shooting at her, she had only 4 shooting but hit every time even against the people in better cover.

Unfortunately that one kitty commando destroyed my colony of eight people by themself.