[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

kilnarak

Quote from: Diana Winters on December 26, 2016, 04:04:06 PM
Quote from: BubbleCat on December 26, 2016, 05:32:29 AM
Hello!
Thank you so much for you mod! Its great and provide much fun =)
But.. is there any way to get small patch(a16) for cats with human face(not furry one)?

Since the appearance is mostly handled via XML, you should be able to figure it out yourself. HOWEVER. The easiest way to do it is to replace the head and hair textures with human heads and the old neko hairstyles, then tweak a bit of XML so they have normal skin color generation.

I would also be happy for a patch that brought back the human style faces. Either that or uh. Some way to customize them with prepare carefully. I wanna be able to pick fur/skin color and hairstyle. ;-;

I do love this mod though. It's been pretty fun to play with in my game.

Diana Winters

Quote from: kilnarak on January 20, 2017, 08:48:40 PM
<snip>

I would also be happy for a patch that brought back the human style faces. Either that or uh. Some way to customize them with prepare carefully. I wanna be able to pick fur/skin color and hairstyle. ;-;

I do love this mod though. It's been pretty fun to play with in my game.

A patch for Prepare Carefully is being developed... it'll be available Soon(tm)

fluffyxai

I dunno how to respond to the poll haha.
but I must admit I'm not a massive fan of the new cat-like look. They kinda remind me more of the cat nurses from doctor who and less of the more anthropomorph style I think you were going for.

Anyway is there any way of using the old more human-like style? where the ears and tail matched the hair and they had a human face?
I do have the prepare carefully mod and I seem to remember you mentioning a patch? I can't seem to find anything now.
And I designed the characters just how I wanted them and they looked great. but when going into the game they had the wrong hairstyles and looked odd.
Also I thought the hairstyles were broken because they had gaps where the ears should be but I just realised you probably did that on purpose and had the ears and tail separate right? I'd gone through all the trouble before of making a bunch of custom cat-versions of hairstyles XD I suppose i'll have to redo those

Can you also change the colour of the ears/tail with prepare carefully? (assuming a patch? X3)

Thanks for the hard work!

:EDIT:
Woops,  just saw the comment before this one saying you were in the process of making one.  I guess that's how I heard about it ^ ^;
Sorry thanks and good luck making it :3
- X^'

Diana Winters

Quote from: fluffyxai on January 23, 2017, 09:27:42 PM
I dunno how to respond to the poll haha.
but I must admit I'm not a massive fan of the new cat-like look. They kinda remind me more of the cat nurses from doctor who and less of the more anthropomorph style I think you were going for.

Anyway is there any way of using the old more human-like style? where the ears and tail matched the hair and they had a human face?
I do have the prepare carefully mod and I seem to remember you mentioning a patch? I can't seem to find anything now.
And I designed the characters just how I wanted them and they looked great. but when going into the game they had the wrong hairstyles and looked odd.
Also I thought the hairstyles were broken because they had gaps where the ears should be but I just realised you probably did that on purpose and had the ears and tail separate right? I'd gone through all the trouble before of making a bunch of custom cat-versions of hairstyles XD I suppose i'll have to redo those

Can you also change the colour of the ears/tail with prepare carefully? (assuming a patch? X3)

Thanks for the hard work!

:EDIT:
Woops,  just saw the comment before this one saying you were in the process of making one.  I guess that's how I heard about it ^ ^;
Sorry thanks and good luck making it :3

Just to make everything clear; I will not be making a "neko" patch. You could revert it to such through XML if you wished. I will only post one if someone else makes such a patch.

fluffyxai

Quote from: Diana Winters on January 24, 2017, 07:25:53 PM
Just to make everything clear; I will not be making a "neko" patch. You could revert it to such through XML if you wished. I will only post one if someone else makes such a patch.

Thanks for the response. That is something I was thinking about actually. How would I go about doing that?

I hate to be difficult, cus I know you put hard work into the update and I don't mean to be ungrateful
- X^'

Kitsune

I think i found a little bug.  :) I had a orassan as a prisoner and i want to make friends with his faction and i released him after i heald him up. The problem now is i get no relation points after he left the map as it should be. :'( Cant say to 100% because it was only one prisoner til now but maybe worth to look into it and make a test? If i get new prisoners from them i trie it again definitly, if no one is faster. ;D

Diana Winters

Update: EPOE patch bugfix (duplicate operation bills)

Draevin

given that hardcore epoe removed vancium will there be an epoe hardcore patch? Love the mod and would rather not play with out them but i also want the features in epoe hard core.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Draevin on January 29, 2017, 07:21:21 PM
given that hardcore epoe removed vancium will there be an epoe hardcore patch? Love the mod and would rather not play with out them but i also want the features in epoe hard core.

The 'patch' for EPOE is just so you can make the bionics. The base mod will work (but not optimally) with EPOE games without the patch. Since the EPOE patch is all XML, you could edit it yourself by altering the recipe appropriately.

picatso

I did exactly that with EPOE, though I have not tested it yet.
Also waiting for Prepare Carefully patch :)

fluffyxai

Quote from: Kitsune on January 26, 2017, 08:33:56 AM
I think i found a little bug.  :) I had a orassan as a prisoner and i want to make friends with his faction and i released him after i heald him up. The problem now is i get no relation points after he left the map as it should be. :'( Cant say to 100% because it was only one prisoner til now but maybe worth to look into it and make a test? If i get new prisoners from them i trie it again definitly, if no one is faster. ;D

I don't know if that's to do with the mod. I seem to remember hardly ever, if ever, getting points for releasing prisoners lol. but might have just been me.
- X^'

Rah

EPOE Hardcore patch is available for this mod. Just thought I'd let you know. Nice mod btw !
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28731.0

szypkiyakwonsz

Hey Diana, I think I've found something You might want to check.

In Your ThingDefs_Races\Orassan_Race You're making Your own subclass BaseOrassan, which isn't used anywhere. Few lines later in Alien_Orassan definition You're using BasePawn as parent definition instead. I don't know whether it's intentional or not, but why the heck would You want to make class that isn't necessary?

This is making Your mod the only one CR-compatible among other Alien races mods (because CR-related properties like inventory mass or ammo carrying are built around BasePawn), but I'm not sure if You're not missing some features of AlienRace.

Canute

Quote from: fluffyxai on February 02, 2017, 06:23:23 PM
Quote from: Kitsune on January 26, 2017, 08:33:56 AM

I don't know if that's to do with the mod. I seem to remember hardly ever, if ever, getting points for releasing prisoners lol. but might have just been me.
No that is vanila gamedesign.
When you release a prisoner or rescue someone, you are geting +15 standing with that faction when he leave the map.
This worked with Orassans too, at last with older version i don't use them currently.

Diana Winters

Quote from: szypkiyakwonsz on February 03, 2017, 03:07:32 AM
Hey Diana, I think I've found something You might want to check.

In Your ThingDefs_Races\Orassan_Race You're making Your own subclass BaseOrassan, which isn't used anywhere. Few lines later in Alien_Orassan definition You're using BasePawn as parent definition instead. I don't know whether it's intentional or not, but why the heck would You want to make class that isn't necessary?

This is making Your mod the only one CR-compatible among other Alien races mods (because CR-related properties like inventory mass or ammo carrying are built around BasePawn), but I'm not sure if You're not missing some features of AlienRace.

I am aware (it is intentional); I just kept the baseclass (I made it when I first made the mod, but then discovered it was unnecessary) in the event I needed use for it again.