[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

dilyin

Hello, Diana!

Thank you very much for your really awesome mod, the Orassans are a welcome addition to the Rimworld community culture and they really fit well it being both unique and well made.

Could you please move your C#/XML development to something like Github so we will be able to make pull requests and contribute to your project. I'm sure we could find a lot of thing to refine or add to it.

Diana Winters

Quote from: dilyin on March 06, 2017, 01:42:05 PM
Hello, Diana!

Thank you very much for your really awesome mod, the Orassans are a welcome addition to the Rimworld community culture and they really fit well it being both unique and well made.

Could you please move your C#/XML development to something like Github so we will be able to make pull requests and contribute to your project. I'm sure we could find a lot of thing to refine or add to it.

No. If you wish to discuss the development of this mod you can do so here

Diana Winters

Update 10: Fixes, updated for new release of alien framework

Smokebearer

Is there a way to choose who is or is not an Orassan? I use Prepare Carefully, and I don't see options for it. If there is, and I've perhaps done something to hide the options,... Well, you probably get what I'm asking by now.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Smokebearer on March 12, 2017, 08:41:08 AM
Is there a way to choose who is or is not an Orassan? I use Prepare Carefully, and I don't see options for it. If there is, and I've perhaps done something to hide the options,... Well, you probably get what I'm asking by now.

You can select the race of the pawn with one of the dropdown menus

Canute

I don't know if you can change the race in PC.
But at the Scenario editor you can select "Survivors (?), Tribe or Orassan enclave".

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on March 12, 2017, 03:38:42 PM
I don't know if you can change the race in PC.
But at the Scenario editor you can select "Survivors (?), Tribe or Orassan enclave".

you need to get to the prepare carefully menu first :p

SenaCat

Alright, I'd like to start by saying that I've greatly enjoyed this mod so far and that my life is better by having these kitties in it. Which is where we come to a sadness. They aren't in my life. Everywhere there once was a kitty, there's now a missing object placeholder box. Ms Winters still shows up as a storyteller, but no other orassan can be found. The log receved upon starting the program is: https://gist.github.com/5641a941049314526c84fb0ef63bf922 but I believe the most important information can be found here: http://freetexthost.com/dtjyi14fsr

There had been some mods added since it'd last worked, but load order of Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 above Orassan hasn't changed. Both mods are currently in the mod folder as external downloads rather than Steam workshop. I've played with the position of the two in various spots in the load order but no dice. For curiosity's sake I've included an image of the last known whereabouts of an orassan in my colony. Ignore the blood, that's someone else's, the box is where our missing person was standing.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Diana Winters

Quote from: SenaCat on March 12, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
Alright, I'd like to start by saying that I've greatly enjoyed this mod so far and that my life is better by having these kitties in it. Which is where we come to a sadness. They aren't in my life. Everywhere there once was a kitty, there's now a missing object placeholder box. Ms Winters still shows up as a storyteller, but no other orassan can be found. The log receved upon starting the program is: https://gist.github.com/5641a941049314526c84fb0ef63bf922 but I believe the most important information can be found here: http://freetexthost.com/dtjyi14fsr

There had been some mods added since it'd last worked, but load order of Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 above Orassan hasn't changed. Both mods are currently in the mod folder as external downloads rather than Steam workshop. I've played with the position of the two in various spots in the load order but no dice. For curiosity's sake I've included an image of the last known whereabouts of an orassan in my colony. Ignore the blood, that's someone else's, the box is where our missing person was standing.

Unfortunately, the updates aren't save compatible; HOWEVER

You can download the previous versions, have your guys form a caravan, save while they're not loaded on the map, turn on the most recent update, laod, then bring your orassans back onto the map

SenaCat

That's fair. But then why would I get those errors on startup? Is it looking at my saves? I'm not convinced that any orassan colonists were available in the prepare carefully dialog either. I rerolled quite a few times and didn't seem to get anything. A few catnip dependencies, but all humans.

Diana Winters

Quote from: SenaCat on March 13, 2017, 12:28:57 AM
That's fair. But then why would I get those errors on startup? Is it looking at my saves? I'm not convinced that any orassan colonists were available in the prepare carefully dialog either. I rerolled quite a few times and didn't seem to get anything. A few catnip dependencies, but all humans.

Have you tried starting as an Orassan Enclave?

SenaCat

Right. So by the careful process of randomly flailing around, I've solved the issues. The errors appear to have originated from the neko mod being loaded. Everything is working fine now, other than the issue of the broken colonists in old saves, which I think I'll live with. I got some new mods recently and think I want a fresh start. Kitties are back so I'm happy. Also, I might have missed it, but where'd you get the name Orassan from?

Diana Winters

Quote from: SenaCat on March 14, 2017, 12:06:49 AM
Right. So by the careful process of randomly flailing around, I've solved the issues. The errors appear to have originated from the neko mod being loaded. Everything is working fine now, other than the issue of the broken colonists in old saves, which I think I'll live with. I got some new mods recently and think I want a fresh start. Kitties are back so I'm happy. Also, I might have missed it, but where'd you get the name Orassan from?

The "Randomize Name" option in Stellaris... with a changed letter or two

Diana Winters

Update 11: Added the ability for Orassans to nuzzle those with a high enough social standing with them. Tweaks and bugfixes

Kamiel

Hi. I would like to start by thanking you for a great mod.

I only have one minor issue. My game won't generate male Orassans... I sat on the party creation screen for 20 minutes re-rolling just to make sure. I can change the gender in Prepare Carefully, so that's how I currently deal with it.

Reading through the comments here I didn't see anyone report the same issue, so I thought I would say something. I don't get an error report when I start the game, though, so I don't know what other information to put here.