[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: kubolek01 on August 05, 2017, 04:20:45 PM
Found most expensive item in whole game. Legendary Orassan Rocket Launcher. Value:120k silver!
Sounds ridiculous, even for late game.

Oblitus

By the way, the bug with cryo launcher not causing aggression still exists.

faltonico

Quote from: Montezuma on August 05, 2017, 10:32:29 AM
Quote from: kubolek01 on August 04, 2017, 07:46:23 PM
One more thing. Orassan can kite the Thrumbo without any boost,base is around 0,6 higher. Isn't it a little OP?
from my experience, Orassans are unbalanced and overpowered. it's no fun anymore.
I have fun slaughtering them though.

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: faltonico on August 06, 2017, 12:13:05 PM
Quote from: Montezuma on August 05, 2017, 10:32:29 AM
Quote from: kubolek01 on August 04, 2017, 07:46:23 PM
One more thing. Orassan can kite the Thrumbo without any boost,base is around 0,6 higher. Isn't it a little OP?
from my experience, Orassans are unbalanced and overpowered. it's no fun anymore.
I have fun slaughtering them though.
They're already here.

kubolek01

Uhm... time to eradicate them like Apocalypse Tank like to do?
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

beeeboop

Could you make the various medical mod patches available through github or the forum itself? The RSBE maker has only released the various patches for alien races through steam, and I can't find the 17 EPOE patch for the Orassans anywhere. Besides that, great mod, man. It adds some nice variety to RimWorld colonists. I installed it for 16 and am now reinstalling for 17. The only issue that I noticed is that their immune systems are slightly stronger than humans'. A race of cold tolerant, claustrophillic shut-ins is more likely to have a weaker immune system. Maybe you could weaken their immune system and then give them a mood bonus for staying inside for long periods of time like nice housecats?

Oblitus

Quote from: beeeboop on August 08, 2017, 05:55:17 PM
The only issue that I noticed is that their immune systems are slightly stronger than humans'.
Are you sure? They have the same 100% immunity gain speed.

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

I am having a strange issue.  I am still playing A16, with SKharcoremod (which includes orassansmod).  The bug is when i make a cat colonist in PrepareCarefullymod and then load it.  What happens is, PrepareCarefully creates a game and makes them ok, but all the skill stats are randomized again. It keeps traits,apparrel,weapons,animals etc.  but the skill #'s are randomly generated and fails to retain my custom setup.  Is this a known bug, is there a fix?

Canute

Anything that  belong to Hardcore-SK you should post at Hardcore thread.
The dev's from Hardcore modified all mods to fit/work into the modpack, the original author can't do anything there.

The problem with Alien races and PC at Hardcore was known but didn't fixed. And since they use A17 now, you need to live with it. You can try to modify your pawn with dev. console or safegame edit (text editor).

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

Quote from: Canute on August 12, 2017, 03:32:06 AM
Anything that  belong to Hardcore-SK you should post at Hardcore thread.
The dev's from Hardcore modified all mods to fit/work into the modpack, the original author can't do anything there.

The problem with Alien races and PC at Hardcore was known but didn't fixed. And since they use A17 now, you need to live with it. You can try to modify your pawn with dev. console or safegame edit (text editor).

Thought this might be the case.  I was considering doing a hotsave at colony start and then tweaking savgame data.   Thanks.

Diana Winters

Quote from: beeeboop on August 08, 2017, 05:55:17 PM
Could you make the various medical mod patches available through github or the forum itself? The RSBE maker has only released the various patches for alien races through steam, and I can't find the 17 EPOE patch for the Orassans anywhere. Besides that, great mod, man. It adds some nice variety to RimWorld colonists. I installed it for 16 and am now reinstalling for 17. The only issue that I noticed is that their immune systems are slightly stronger than humans'. A race of cold tolerant, claustrophillic shut-ins is more likely to have a weaker immune system. Maybe you could weaken their immune system and then give them a mood bonus for staying inside for long periods of time like nice housecats?

The EPOE patch is available on the nexus mods page

kubolek01

I rethinked one thing. Creator, are you a Moon Studios rebel? (you know what I mean...)

Diana Winters

Quote from: kubolek01 on August 26, 2017, 10:44:11 AM
I rethinked one thing. Creator, are you a Moon Studios rebel? (you know what I mean...)
No. I also didn't know what you meant without googling. Ori just happened to look like what I had imagined the most popular pet on Orassia to look like, so I used the name.

also...

Update 3: BodyAddon update for alien framework

kubolek01

Roger that. Just was interested why that... And why it is soo frail... Being useful only for haul ab pet purposes.

Oblitus

Looks like EPOE patch needs an update too.