[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Diana Winters

Update 7: New Hazmat suit by Arnolidos and new weapon textures by Shotgun Frenzy

Buli

Hello,

I decided to try playthrough with Orassans and skimmed through the thread, but I am unsure if information is up to date.

If anybody is bored enough to answer I have few questions:

1) Do Orassan faction has starting reputation similar to Outlanders (etc: generally begins positive)? With hospitality and tribal start my early visitors are often not too happy, and I do not want to be stomped early game by angry cat people.

2) The bombardment, is it an late game event attack, or can angry Orassan bomb my starting village? It is hard to estimate from thread as there seem to be biased opinions.

3) Will facial stuff and Prepare carefully break Orassan mod? Well, I guess I can easily check this one by myself, but maybe other players can clarify.

Thank for help,

Canute

Orassans are friendly at the beginning.
If if you would anger them early, yes they would bombard you village, which is like just a bad incident, but more dangerous then a tornado.
But not even their bombard is very heavy, an orassan raid is dangerous too, if you don't got the proper defence.

Prepare carefully at works well, but no clue about factial stuff.

Gwenniyan

Can't wait to download Orassans and enslave tons of these "Nekos".

Buli

Thanks for answer,

I checked and I see no conflicts, so i was worried for nothing.
I also was pretty lucky I got guest room ready before i had first contact with Orassans, so all is good.

Canute

Diana,
some little problem.
Rock Powder count as Stone block. When you want craft until x, all the stone blocks and even the neo-concrete count in.

At Fertile Field you can cut chunk into crushed rocks/cement similar to rock powder and it works fine with "until x".
I tryed to find the different between Fertile fields and yours but my knowledge is limited and i didn't fount it.
Maybe you can fix it in a future update.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on January 16, 2018, 05:18:56 PM
Diana,
some little problem.
Rock Powder count as Stone block. When you want craft until x, all the stone blocks and even the neo-concrete count in.

At Fertile Field you can cut chunk into crushed rocks/cement similar to rock powder and it works fine with "until x".
I tryed to find the different between Fertile fields and yours but my knowledge is limited and i didn't fount it.
Maybe you can fix it in a future update.

1. I noticed, but couldn't figure out how to fix this. If anyone knows a solution I would be happy to hear it.

2. The main point of the Orassan soils is that you can put them on ice. The advanced version has high fertility

Canute

You missunderstood.
I didn't wrote about soil as i mention Fertile field.
At Fertile Field you cut down chunks into crushed rocks and Cement, similar to your rock powder.
Maybe you can look at this mod how he solved this, or ask dburgdorf how you can do it.

asquirrel

Hey Diana!  I can't put an Orion exoskeleton on my Orrassan kitty kat.  Is there a Glitterworld patch for Orassans?

Diana Winters

Quote from: asquirrel on January 18, 2018, 04:12:23 PM
Hey Diana!  I can't put an Orion exoskeleton on my Orrassan kitty kat.  Is there a Glitterworld patch for Orassans?

Have you tried loading Orassans under glittertech?

asquirrel

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just verified and it looks like Glittertech is loaded before Orassans. Crap, I wish that was the problem.  I think I can still use EPOE bionics.  Going to have to verify though.  But those Orion Corp spines give my team ridiculous movement speed. :)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Diana Winters

Quote from: asquirrel on January 18, 2018, 05:42:49 PM
Thanks for the suggestion.  I just verified and it looks like Glittertech is loaded before Orassans. Crap, I wish that was the problem.  I think I can still use EPOE bionics.  Going to have to verify though.  But those Orion Corp spines give my team ridiculous movement speed. :)

Well, that was my only idea. You could try manually adding the recipe for the exoskeleton to the Orassan racedef, but other than that, I am not sure what you can do. Since I do not use Glittertech, I do not plan on making a patch for it.

Diana Winters

Quote from: GrimTrigger on January 26, 2018, 04:54:21 PM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38785.0
I am aware of this, but I have been very busy with real life as of late and have not had the time to even play rimworld, much less make another patch for this mod. If someone else was willing to make a working patch, I would be happy to link to it on the main page.

GrimTrigger

Quote from: Diana Winters on January 26, 2018, 05:01:04 PM
Quote from: GrimTrigger on January 26, 2018, 04:54:21 PM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=38785.0
I am aware of this, but I have been very busy with real life as of late and have not had the time to even play rimworld, much less make another patch for this mod. If someone else was willing to make a working patch, I would be happy to link to it on the main page.

Completely understandable!  Just wanted to bring it to the attention of the authors of the race mods I enjoy and appreciate, in the event they were interested / had the time to.