Tips on killing caravan traders WITHOUT making factions hostile!

Started by Naeem, July 28, 2016, 02:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naeem

Hi there,

I get alot of caravan traders from different factions coming to my epic base with muffalos filled with epic lllooottt! I was wondering... How will I kill ALL of them without getting bad will with the factions? I just want the loot nothing else.

All tips are welcome and pictures too!

Thanks!

Lerin

Send for them prisoned berserker raiders, is a big chance they will shoot each other, die in pain and loot some goods

Naeem

Quote from: Lerin on July 28, 2016, 02:24:13 PM
Send for them prisoned berserker raiders, is a big chance they will shoot each other, die in pain and loot some goods
That WILL NOT end well... Not at all... ;D

FlayedOne

Has anyone checked what happens if you call your allies for help and they 'accidentally' happen to be enemies of the caravan sitting in your front yard?  :P

asanbr

Quote from: FlayedOne on July 28, 2016, 03:34:56 PM
Has anyone checked what happens if you call your allies for help and they 'accidentally' happen to be enemies of the caravan sitting in your front yard?  :P

Tribals and/or villagers were never hostile to each other in any game I played, so it won't happen unless you mod/debug it.

But I read on the forum about games in older versions where this seemed to happen, so I think it was possible before A12.

brcruchairman

Quote from: asanbr on July 28, 2016, 06:06:46 PM
Tribals and/or villagers were never hostile to each other in any game I played, so it won't happen unless you mod/debug it.

But I read on the forum about games in older versions where this seemed to happen, so I think it was possible before A12.

Really? I remember just last version (A13) that I saw just the specified scenario occur; one friendly tribe was trading, and a hostile one raided causing the tribes to fight. I suppose I could be misremembering if it really is impossible? Either way, though, without debug commands I don't imagine you'll be able to get such a raid on demand.

Goo Poni

It is entirely possible for different factions to be hostile to each other and still be friendly to you. Used to result in a lot of "A trader was harmed, he blames you" messages in modded games on A12 because two visitors ventilated each other. Even two hostile raiding groups that are here to attack your colony can end up attacking each other should they cross and not like each other.

asanbr

Quote from: Goo Poni on July 28, 2016, 09:07:35 PM

It is entirely possible for different factions to be hostile to each other and still be friendly to you. Used to result in a lot of "A trader was harmed, he blames you" messages in modded games on A12 because two visitors ventilated each other. Even two hostile raiding groups that are here to attack your colony can end up attacking each other should they cross and not like each other.

Yes, in modded games, so we agree, do we?

I never saw it happen in vanilla A12 or later. Haven't played much A13 or A14 yet so I wouldn't know if it has changed.

I would love if it was part of vanilla since I like that type of interaction. And it seems more realistic that not everyone is always friends (except the pirates).

shaw357

Have you tried using an insanity lance on the caravan's strongest animal/pawn? Let them kill the caravan and maybe bleed out themselves, and just pick up the scraps.

brcruchairman

Quote from: asanbr on July 29, 2016, 12:55:29 PM

I don't think you do; I've reported it happening, multiple times, in vanilla A13, and unless I miss my mark, Goo Poni reports something similar. I think it's in the vanilla game without mods, my friend. You get your wish. :)

asanbr

Quote from: brcruchairman on July 30, 2016, 02:21:03 PM
Quote from: asanbr on July 29, 2016, 12:55:29 PM

I don't think you do; I've reported it happening, multiple times, in vanilla A13, and unless I miss my mark, Goo Poni reports something similar. I think it's in the vanilla game without mods, my friend. You get your wish. :)

I don't understand what you mean by "you get your wish".

Anyway, the best way I've found to kill traders without getting them hostile is to use wild animals. On some maps there are plenty of bears and if you just fire a shot at one of them, it will manhunt you back to your base. Run inside while the traders are there and the bear will attack them. Enjoy.

Mehni

Manhunting animals do a good job of killing the traders, but not the gear carrying muffalo. Getting those muffalos drunk off their rocker makes 'em drop all loot, same with using a shock lance.

Michigo

What happens if you build walls around them?
Will they free themself or starve to death?

Shabazza

8roads

I always make artillery shells "accidentally" detonated by collapsed roofs.
careful with the layout of the shells though, make sure the explosion don't clear out the loot.