[Request] Berating Assistant

Started by TheSilencedScream, July 28, 2016, 02:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSilencedScream

So on the Steam forums, someone made a joke about tooltips (specifically here), so now I have to make good on my word and at least request it.

If possible, could a mod be made to overwrite the current in-game hints to make them more insulting and - potentially - less helpful?
Quote from: Topper on August 31, 2015, 03:33:25 AM
is the sledgehammer compatible with the romance mod?
Only in Rimworld.

milon

That's a really interesting idea!

I cracked open the About.txt file in the English folder and it says it's just an example.  The game uses the English data from the Core XML files.  So you'd have to mod basically EVERY file to pull that off.

RemingtonRyder

You can override ConceptDefs with a mod in the Mods folder. Look, I did the first one for you! :)

<Defs>
  <ConceptDef>
    <defName>Forbidding</defName>
    <label>Help, my colonists won't use resources</label>
    <priority>40</priority>
    <alertDisplay>true</alertDisplay>
    <alertStartActive>true</alertStartActive>
    <highlightTag>ToggleForbidden</highlightTag>
    <helpTexts>
      <li>Colonists are stupid. They're so dumb they'll wander into a warg den to gather up wood.\n
For that reason, all resources start out forbidden. Trust me, it's better this way.\n
To unforbid resources, simply click them and use the big old UNFORBID button down there, or the shortcut key.\n
Ooh, pro-tip! If you double-click a resource it will select all of that resource that you can see on screen, making mass unforbidding a breeze.</li>
    </helpTexts>
  </ConceptDef>
</Defs>