United states elections(part one); what are you gonna do?

Started by billycop32, July 28, 2016, 03:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has your vote?(last updated 5:30 PM 28/16

I'm not voting(includes those who cannot vote for whatever reason)
Trump (republican)
Hillary (democrats)
Jill Stein (Green)
Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
Other(please post below if you take this one and tell us what it is!)

mumblemumble

cant say im 100% happy with everything, but I'm happier than I've been in a while.

Hope theres minimal bloodshed in backlash, people are already saying the election was result of "white-lash"... I really don't want fighting based on race, but sadly I think its still coming.. Heres hoping nobody gets hurt.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Noobshock

sjws better understand it's time to go home now. They totally pushed this one over the edge and people are really tired of their shit.

mumblemumble

This, I think it wont...there will be riots I think. I already got threatened tonight by some random guy for being white and out after dark.... oh well.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

milon

LouisTBR

America. is. Doomed.

At least Trump won't gain enough support in 2020 to run for a second term (Unless someone worse than him comes along *cough* Hillary *cough*)
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

mumblemumble

Quote from: milon on November 09, 2016, 11:47:19 AM
Quote from: mumblemumble on November 09, 2016, 07:28:34 AM
...there will be riots I think...

Seems you were right.  Well, not quite a riot, but protest did happen:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/us/trump-election-protest-berkeley-oakland.html
why do idiots protest on freeways and whine about getting run over?
Quote from: Louisthebadassrimworlder on November 09, 2016, 12:02:13 PM
America. is. Doomed.

At least Trump won't gain enough support in 2020 to run for a second term (Unless someone worse than him comes along *cough* Hillary *cough*)
give him 4 years first...

-----

DirectorBright

Most presidential first terms are fairly tame. In any event, I'm just giggling myself to death at how upset Tumblr is.

Also Trump played "You can't always get what you want" when he walked off stage after his speech and it was hilarious.
Healer got his legs torn off by hellspawn today, bugs exploded from someones floor, and its been a toxic fallout nuclear winter for the past week. Then a solar flare hit.
Such is life in the rimworld.

mumblemumble

Quote from: DirectorBright on November 09, 2016, 02:56:04 PM
Most presidential first terms are fairly tame. In any event, I'm just giggling myself to death at how upset Tumblr is.

Also Trump played "You can't always get what you want" when he walked off stage after his speech and it was hilarious.
Link, link, oh mother of GOD link to this. I'm BEGGING you...

Also, seems there are indeed a few riots...

....Glad I'm at least partially armed haha.

Also, obligatory, and feels a bit on topic... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNtYmdZ-4c

-----

Arctic_fox

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 26, 2016, 08:37:12 AM
Quote from: Flying Rockbass on August 02, 2016, 07:50:38 AM
Yeah... That US elections feel like Brazil. Everyone is a crook.

I would probably go for Trump, besides the radical vision, this projects may be stopped by other parties. And a country is a gigantic company, Trump know how to run one.
I would disagree on two counts; first a country is definitely not a gigantic company - a country, or it's government, has responsibility for the quality of life of all it's citizens. A company's first and foremost responsibility is feduciary, that is, make money for it's shareholders.

Second, that Trump knows how to run a country. Trump's business acumen isn't spotless, and he's not nearly as rich as he'd like you to believe. But more importantly, do you really want your country to be run as a business venture? Think that one through, please.

I wasnt going to say anything because politics is a minefield patrolled by rabid megaspiders and sythers while your armed with a loincloth and pointy stick but.....

While i agree the u.s shouldnt be run as a business i do think financally we are in trouble, during the obama years we almost doubled our debt, we have more people on welfare in a lot of areas then working and less people are paying taxes then are getting aid of some kind.

The u.s infrastructure is falling apart, Roads are in poor shape, Rails are deterorating, water power sewage are all rotting and falling apart, there are massive EPA and tax roadblocks to updating many factorys and powerplants mines ect that would modernize them reduce polution overall but massivly expand said operations, Which is preventing it from being economical to have low skill jobs in the u.s.

Our cost to go to school to get a better job is insanse with no assurance you can even get a job in your field, we are falling behind in education, skill, tech, and knowhow while demanding premiums in many cases for medocer workers when you can get the same worker for a 10th the price from say india or china, the fact housing in many areas due to rabid taxes regulatuons epa permits historical city crap and other thing combined with lowering wages making houseing nearly unafordable in some areas, added on to the massive inflation and fact a very large percentage of our government has never held a non government job well....

This country is sick and gnawing at its own entrails, a business man to get our finances on track to make our education on par and to find ways to reduce overhead while updating infrastructure to support the new generations of equipment and tech and somehow getting a handle on inflation is needed.

Im not saying i like trump, But i do think as of THIS time and place he has the skills to unfuck (sorry thats the mildest work i can find) this country and is again at this time and place what is needed, there are infact other reasons i voted for him, same as i voted for obama the first time and same as i will keep voting for who i think can do the most good or least harm.

Mikhail Reign

US voting is so screwy. I mean Hiliary got more votes, they both only got 25% of the population and half the people didn't even vote. I don't know how you guys can call anything from that.

Come back when ya have 95% voter turn out.

DirectorBright

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 09, 2016, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: DirectorBright on November 09, 2016, 02:56:04 PM

Link, link, oh mother of GOD link to this. I'm BEGGING you...

Also, seems there are indeed a few riots...

....Glad I'm at least partially armed haha.

Also, obligatory, and feels a bit on topic... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZNtYmdZ-4c

http://fortune.com/video/2016/11/09/trump-you-cant-always-get-what-you-want/

Here, have many keks.
Healer got his legs torn off by hellspawn today, bugs exploded from someones floor, and its been a toxic fallout nuclear winter for the past week. Then a solar flare hit.

JimmyAgnt007

The popular vote argument is kinda stupid, not entirely wrong per say, but people didn't complain about the electoral system when it votes in their party. 

Sure the US needs to fix their system but unless you always complain about the system, regardless of who gets elected, then can the crap. 

DirectorBright

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on November 10, 2016, 11:05:25 AM
The popular vote argument is kinda stupid, not entirely wrong per say, but people didn't complain about the electoral system when it votes in their party. 

Sure the US needs to fix their system but unless you always complain about the system, regardless of who gets elected, then can the crap.

The thing people seem to forget is the US isn't a democracy. Its a republic.

mumblemumble

To be honest,  i wish voting required more than "citizenship"  and a pulse.  Requiring an Iq above 80, or some other measurement of contributions to society would be nice.

Maybe not owning property,  but something.

-----

Arctic_fox

Quote from: mumblemumble on November 10, 2016, 03:42:12 PM
To be honest,  i wish voting required more than "citizenship"  and a pulse.  Requiring an Iq above 80, or some other measurement of contributions to society would be nice.

Maybe not owning property,  but something.

Agreed to a point, But the problem with that at the risk of going off topic is too many people will cry one thing or another, be it white privlage, racisim, curruption whatever, and whos to say who sets whats considered a contribution?

You have blacks and other minoritys who are rioting in the streets spraying die whites die and beating the shit out of people at random any time they feel even the smallest slight, They demand and equal showing for say oscars when there arent enough to have deserved equal showing much less equal skill, they accuse all whites of being slave owners among other things.

On the other side you have whites and the like who are constantly accused of being racist any time we dare object to ANYTHING a alaphabet or color or sex group say or do and are told to shut up  and of being unwilling to be disarmed because we not only dont trust our government to not go full nazi and gastapo on us among other things and that because of that we are nothing but gun loving racist monsters.

Both sides are fucked in the head and even if you were 100% equal to both groups they would shit them selves either way.