Selling Scyther Blades

Started by bchbum16, July 27, 2016, 11:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bchbum16

Has anyone been able to sell Scyther Blades at all? I have had 3 scyther blades in storage since very early in my game yet no one wants to purchase them. I assumed that either a combat or exotic trader would buy them but neither wanted them. I haven't had many caravans so i'm not sure if they would buy them but so far I can't get rid of them. I have stopped collecting them until I can find someone to buy some. Anyone know of anything about this?

FalconBR

I never sold one!
I also have a jade knife that nobody seen to buy it!

milon

You should be able to sell the jade knife to a combat trader.

For the Scyther Blades, if you can't sell them you may want to melt them down for their parts.  (Does any trader sell them?  If so, you should be able to sell them back.)

Listen1

I believe exotic traders buys them. But combat traders should also buy it.

May be worth taking a look, can be a bug.

bchbum16

I have had all types of orbital traders come by and never sold them. Can you melt them down? If so how?

b0rsuk

Exotic traders used to buy them a few alphas ago for a hefty amount of silver. I'm 100% sure they no longer do. The one I haven't tried is Combat Supplier.

I think it's a balance change. I believe in alpha12 scyther blades were impossible to harvest. Now we have pretty easy to harvest blades (scythers are easier to incapacitate) but no one buying them. So the point probably was to remove those random spikes of silver.

milon

Quote from: bchbum16 on July 27, 2016, 02:50:16 PMCan you melt them down? If so how?

I haven't tried, but you can with other weapons, so I'm just guessing.  Try the Electric Smelter or the Machining Table.

asanbr

Quote from: b0rsuk on July 27, 2016, 03:58:01 PM
Exotic traders used to buy them a few alphas ago for a hefty amount of silver. I'm 100% sure they no longer do. The one I haven't tried is Combat Supplier.

I think it's a balance change. I believe in alpha12 scyther blades were impossible to harvest. Now we have pretty easy to harvest blades (scythers are easier to incapacitate) but no one buying them. So the point probably was to remove those random spikes of silver.

They were not impossible to harvest in A12 but it was extremely unusual to incap a scyther to be able to harvest them.

I think I did so in two games out of the hundreds I must have played since september. All A12.

I also sold them once or twice to a trader and got a lot of money for it (I think it was around 800). Can't remember which trader it was, but probably exotic as someone suggested.

b0rsuk

I think it counts as body type, not weapon. So try melting Thrumbo's horn... if you're feeling lucky.

giannikampa

well f**k me! i installed a scyther blade because the scar on the hand was driving my colony medic sad in pain..and it has 20% efficency now! (well don't ask me what was prevous alphas)
Gotta get rid of theese useless things now! and find a reasonable hand for my doctor that looks to me to be even unable to hold a cigarette
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Listen1

Actually you should be able to smoke with a scyther blade on one hand.

you very carefully pierce the filter of the smoke with the tip of the blade, then light it with your other hand and be careful not to inhale and exhale too fast. This technique can still be used when you have two hands, use a kitchen knife/pocket knife. One of the main advantages is that the smell of smokes dosen't stick into your hand.

I've spoken too much. Smoking kills, don't do that.

b0rsuk

Scyther blades should grant a bonus to tree cutting and maybe plant cutting (harvest).

Damage per second (DPS):
Hare: 1.8
Bear: 8
Rhino, Elephant: 9
Mechanoid Centipede: 10
Power Claw (x2), Thrumbo: 12
Mechanoid Scyther: 14
Legendary plasteel longsword: 15
Scyther Blade (x2): 20

Listen1

For real? A plasteel longsword does more damage than a Centipade headbutt?

I agree with the harvest bonus!