General Questions

Started by RaginCajun, July 29, 2016, 03:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaginCajun

I have a few general questions I was wondering about...

1. The edge of the map has the "build line"; the area you can not build within.  My question is this: Can intruders spawn in that area if you are built it in? 

Example: One map I had seen had a nice dead end canyon with most of it within that border.  The entire southern part was sealed off with the rock going all the way to the map's edge.  However, from that point, going north to the top corner of the map, it was all open with rock walling off the eastern side of the canyon area.  (Hope this makes sense.)

2. How does "pathing" work for enemies?  I'm comparing some things I've done to some LP's I've seen on youtube and a couple of obvious differences...
a. I build a trapped hallway with a double-back on it.  There are doors to use to access traps (for rearming) and the two ends are open.  In the LP's, the enemies always take the trapped hallway (something about the doors evidently add to their pathing calculation) but in mine I get random attacks on my doors (sometimes, not all the time).  I don't know if maybe my hall is too long maybe.
b. Can you build a "hall of doors", basically tunnel through a mountain with 10-15 doors in it for access to an area of the map (for your colonists) but then have that not appear as an ingress point to enemies due to the number of doors?

Kagemusha12

1. In past versions the enemy could drop with drop pods right on you. AFAIK this feature currently is deactivated.

2. It may have to do with their weapons ... i.e. those who care for your doors being very good armed for opening doors/walls. Enemies with Frag grenades will have a special liking to attack doors and other possible "backdoors" into your base (including vents/climate control units)