Healing??

Started by Entityofsin, February 28, 2014, 05:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Entityofsin

I understand you can have your guys heal in a bed when they're tired and all that, but this isn't what the thread is for.

In the current Alpha 2 build, is it possible to have items that soldiers can carry that can heal other soldiers. I was thinking it would be kind of cool to see guys shoot friendlies with a healing gun in order to heal them up and keep fighting.

If this is possible, I figured range wouldn't be much of an issue since you're still firing a weapon even if it's range is set to 1. So is it possible to have a weapon that can heal the target? I don't care if it's manual use either, I just want to know if it's possible.

Think of the Medic's gun from Team Fortress 2. I am thinking of something along those lines.

Entityofsin

Okay, so I was messing around with some of the xml files and gun settings and figured it out.

If you want to have a healing gun, simply edit the part of a gun's information in the xml file to a negative number and it will heal the target for that amount. So now I can start creating my TF2 Medic healing gun. XD

Thought I'd share it with everyone else in case you guys want to create healing grenades and guns.

Evul

Haha that is awesome! Healing Grenades here I come! :D
Hmmm flashbangs need to be done also!

Entityofsin

Yeah I found it to be pretty hilarious. You have to manually target your guys but that's okay. Now I think the ideal type of gun to heal with is a SMG that shoots individual bullets so fast that it looks like a constant stream of shots and you could always edit the texture of the weapon's shot to be green.

What I am kind of curious is if you can use GIF files for stuff like that. So if you want the shot to travel with a changing glow effect that would be kind of cool. I don't know. Just stuff to consider and try out.

This is the first game that I've actually looked into modding for and that's primarily because of how easy it seems to be. Hopefully it remains that easy or I'll probably end up giving up. Don't have time to learn how to heavily code stuff.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here