Carnivore animals? Also, why does it "crashes"?

Started by SlimeCrusher, February 28, 2014, 06:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimeCrusher

Well, im in progress on making a new animal, an animal i call "Blob", i'll add more types of blobs, i only have 3 textures (Side, front and back) of a blue blob, the normal one.
Im looking at the defs, while i found something intresting: <thinkConfig>Hervibore</thinkConfig>, so is it possible to make a carnivore animal? Or really, all i want is for it to attack colonists, not eat them but anyways, just wondering

Edit: Well, i finished up all i had to modify to make it work, still its not carnivore but anyways, i wanted to see my blue Blob ingame... Well, when i loaded the game, i go to "Mods", load up "Blob's Attack"... What do you think... IT CRASHED... Or something like that, it showed me only the background image, without any menu or anything! Any solutions?
Now, my folder looks like this:

QuoteBlob's Attack\About\About.xml
Blob's Attack\Defs\PawnKindDefs\PawnKindDefs.xml
Blob's Attack\Defs\ThingsDefs\Races.xml
Blob's Attack\Textures\Things\Pawn\Blobs\BlobBlue\BlueBlob_back
Blob's Attack\Textures\Things\Pawn\Blobs\BlobBlue\BlueBlob_front
Blob's Attack\Textures\Things\Pawn\Blobs\BlobBlue\BlueBlob_side

Evul

I'm looking after the same solution for my warrior bug mod.
No progress so fare but if I stumble on something I'll tell you! Or if someone find a solution first.

One bypass could be add them as raiders. Making hem hostile. But they will still eat gras if we not able to change that.

SlimeCrusher

My objective its not really make them carnivore, but it will be awesome if we could, i can imagine the Blob destroying your colony and then going to the kitchen (Or were you have the meat) and it would start eating all the meat lol

Evul

Try make a mod were you remove all the raiders and then add a group of muffalos instead. If that work you can spawn groups of angry raider muffalos. :) if you don't know how I can try do that tomorrow :)

SlimeCrusher

Now, i tried loading it up to see it ingame (Still hervibore)... Look at what happened (I edited the post)