[MOD] (Alpha 8) Upgraded Hydroponics (V0.2)

Started by turbofrost, January 31, 2015, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbofrost

Upgraded Hydroponics
Description:
This mod adds a couple extra components to the Hydroponic Basins, including a lamp and a battery. Both of these have to be researched after Hydroponics and add in a new type of building. This helps out when there are power outages from hostile attacks and solar flares, which to me is the biggest threat when you are low on food and a solar flare "lights out" your base. This adds a few extra features, but more are still to come. The Nexus page is updated frequently to give you the best bug fixes and additions as quick as possible. If you have any other features that you would want to see implemented, shoot me a message. I'm also open to suggestions.

Let me know if there are any bug reports on the Nexus page of anything during the installation and playing!

Features
- Lamp Hydroponic Basin
- Lamp and Battery Hydroponic Basin
- Researching Necessities

Images

Author
Matt Rekich

Download

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Boboid

Interesting idea.

Do you know if the energy stored in your battery hydroponics is discharged by electrical conduit  events? If it is, is that extra energy also included when the event calculates the size of the ensuing fire?
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Rock5

I like this idea too but it's a bit cheaty. Solar flares are supposed to disable electronics. So these hydroponic bays should still stop working just like any other electrical device.

Also do these provide power to other electrical devices during shortages or do they reserve their power to keep the hydroponics bays running? They should only keep the bays working.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport