[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The K

NephilimNexus

Looking good so far!

I'd like to suggest having some form of fusion power at the end a long tech tree.  Massive costs, massive research, but then massive power output if you can actually get it all together.

Vas

When you research digging, it also unlocks lava power facility.  Might want to tweak that so there is a reason to research pumping :P
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

DarkXess

Thanks for posting your release. Please update your release post with our download links too :)

You can find our mirror here:

Architect

Quote from: Vas on March 02, 2014, 02:13:20 AM
When you research digging, it also unlocks lava power facility.  Might want to tweak that so there is a reason to research pumping :P
Really? Oops, I'll fix that asap, ive got another release coming which fixes the buildings not blocking light anyway, so I'll slip that in.

Edit:
Just looked into it, what you said doesn't seem to be the case? If you researched pumping, and then researched digging, that is why it would have suddenly become available to you. Next on the list is changing the walls for power storage to make things a little more sense.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

madpluck

Architect, can you edit your original post to actually explain what each of the different power methods does? You say they each have benefits and drawbacks but don't say what they are :P

Architect

Quote from: madpluck on March 02, 2014, 08:56:20 AM
Architect, can you edit your original post to actually explain what each of the different power methods does? You say they each have benefits and drawbacks but don't say what they are :P

Yes of course, sorry, just been in a rush to get all of my mods out there XD I'll add stats and what not in when I bring out the next update in a few hours. Screen shots too :D

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Vas

Quote from: Architect on March 02, 2014, 04:52:48 AM
Quote from: Vas on March 02, 2014, 02:13:20 AM
Really? Oops, I'll fix that asap, ive got another release coming which fixes the buildings not blocking light anyway, so I'll slip that in.

Edit:
Just looked into it, what you said doesn't seem to be the case? If you researched pumping, and then researched digging, that is why it would have suddenly become available to you. Next on the list is changing the walls for power storage to make things a little more sense.

I haven't researched pumping, I always do digging first.  You should make pumping appear only after someone has researched digging by the way.

Also you might want to rename battery efficiency.

Maybe a mod is interfering, I'm not sure.  I can get a screenshot if necessary though.  I did one better, a youtube video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XiNOYotOuw

Active mods:
BetterPower
Blasting charges
Embrasures
Project Dig
Practise Target (which is mispelled)
Wood Economy
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

TimMartland

'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Architect

@Vas The dodgy name has been fixed in the upcoming release which I'm prepping for at the moment, and the research issue I'm fixing right now. I think I know why it's an issue for some and not all, and that's to do with their play style. Never the less, all of the updates listed above are coming within the next hour :D

@TimMartland Screens have just been uploaded, you posted whilst I was putting them online XD

Vas

Quote from: Architect on March 02, 2014, 11:44:30 AM
@Vas The dodgy name has been fixed in the upcoming release which I'm prepping for at the moment, and the research issue I'm fixing right now. I think I know why it's an issue for some and not all, and that's to do with their play style. Never the less, all of the updates listed above are coming within the next hour :D

@TimMartland Screens have just been uploaded, you posted whilst I was putting them online XD

What about our play style is causing this issue? :P

Architect

@Vas Nothing major, just the fact that I would always go 'oooh digging' over 'ooooh pumps' :P

Vas

Quote from: Architect on March 02, 2014, 12:58:04 PM
@Vas Nothing major, just the fact that I would always go 'oooh digging' over 'ooooh pumps' :P

No no that's exactly what I did.  :P  I always research digging before pumps.  Pumps are a bit useless if you don't dig first.  :P

Architect

Oh? Well, it shouldn't matter now, as you need the digging research before you can make pumps, which has solved the issue on my end. Please do tell me if you find any more issues though, I really appreciate the feedback, critical or not :D

Vas

well, some non-critical feedback, is that I don't like the wind textures at all, either of them.  xD  They are way out of style for the game.  I have some in mind, but it's hard to picture and imagine in a way that would look good from a top down view really, and then you would need to figure out how to animate it.  If objects animate the same way they do in Starbound, then that wouldn't be to hard to do but I doubt they do.  (frame by frame PNG images :P  Where each frame is in the same image beside it's self)

Basically, I want to see something more like this; (only darker colored, more towards the colors of the game)
but I'm not an artist, so I wouldn't be able to come up with an image myself.  I have some artist friends I might possibly be able to convince to help make a new wind turbine texture.  But it's doubtful.

Also, for the lesser wind turbine, it'd just be one of those standing up.  From the image.  But for the Wind Farm, the larger wind building, it'd be a small grid of these all set up in space saving methods, so one building would have like 10 inside of it, which would save more space if you had just tried placing 10 singles together.

I'm guessing your current wind turbine textures are currently just place holders though, right? :P