[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cala13er

Somehow I doubt they would work like that, you can't edit AI behaviour at the moment. At least I think it's currently impossible

Architect

Balls! Sorry Cala13er, I totally forgot to get back to you on the message you sent me. Christ I'm genuinely really sorry about that, I'll send you a detailed message and some of my source code as soon as I can.

As for the conveyor belts, you shouldn't doubt me Cala ;) Colonists will put whatever you tell them they can on a conveyor belt, though I'm struggling to get them to take it off wherever they want until it reaches the end.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Steffmeistro

Hello.
First of, I want to say I really like this mod. Now we just need more stuff to build to use all that power...;)

I have spotted a few things playing this mod you may want to fix for Alpha 3, if you haven't already.
* For some reason, the powered walls and wall exchange have an insane 3000 HP. Make this 280 HP like regular walls?
* The research text for powered walls says it will not affect existing "Batteries".

Architect

Quote from: Steffmeistro on March 18, 2014, 06:44:23 AM
Hello.
First of, I want to say I really like this mod. Now we just need more stuff to build to use all that power...;)

I have spotted a few things playing this mod you may want to fix for Alpha 3, if you haven't already.
* For some reason, the powered walls and wall exchange have an insane 3000 HP. Make this 280 HP like regular walls?
* The research text for powered walls says it will not affect existing "Batteries".

Ah, yes, you are quite right that those issues should be addressed, though as it currently stands, I was going to remove the change to the walls altogether, as from what I could tell, no one really used it. I literally never got any feedback from anyone regarding it, you're the first XD

Also, in terms of adding uses for your power, you won't be disapointed with what I have in store with alpha three! :D Equally, Cala13er has a truly marvelous looking mod which you could always turn to as well if you feel you have more power than you need :P

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Steffmeistro

Please keep the change to the walls! I very much like this as I think vanilla is way too simple with the power transmission.

Architect

Quote from: Steffmeistro on March 18, 2014, 07:40:27 AM
Please keep the change to the walls! I very much like this as I think vanilla is way too simple with the power transmission.

Well, I could always have it setup as it is now where you can turn on the 'harder' version as it were. Is there any other feedback you could give me on the harder version? I'd love to know what people think would make it better.

Steffmeistro

Except for the walls being near indestructible, I don't have any more feedback right now. Maybe if one could upgrade existing walls to conduct power but I don't think the game supports such functionality right now. Otherwise, I think it is fine as it is.

I also just tried to combine this with the ToughRock mod (and made a little change myself, making powered walls cost conduit segments too) which would have made for a good combination, except it crashed:p

That is, my change crashed it, but it worked fine to combine otherwise.

Architect

Quote from: Steffmeistro on March 18, 2014, 07:53:30 AM
Except for the walls being near indestructible, I don't have any more feedback right now. Maybe if one could upgrade existing walls to conduct power but I don't think the game supports such functionality right now. Otherwise, I think it is fine as it is.

I also just tried to combine this with the ToughRock mod (and made a little change myself, making powered walls cost conduit segments too) which would have made for a good combination, except it crashed:p

Its because conduits aren't an item is that it crashed :P You say it doesn't support changing of all walls, but I'm beginning to do the thing where I get a plan ;) It's not a priority, so you may need to wait a while, but I'll get back to you one way or another?

Steffmeistro

Quote from: Architect on March 18, 2014, 08:08:51 AM
Quote from: Steffmeistro on March 18, 2014, 07:53:30 AM

Its because conduits aren't an item is that it crashed :P You say it doesn't support changing of all walls, but I'm beginning to do the thing where I get a plan ;) It's not a priority, so you may need to wait a while, but I'll get back to you one way or another?

Eh it is not that important. I am more interested in the other changes you have in Alpha 3.
I managed to merge the two by moving the transmission stuff into ToughRock. Going to try this out now.

Steffmeistro

Just built this.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Cala13er

Quote from: Architect on March 18, 2014, 06:34:10 AM
Balls! Sorry Cala13er, I totally forgot to get back to you on the message you sent me. Christ I'm genuinely really sorry about that, I'll send you a detailed message and some of my source code as soon as I can.

As for the conveyor belts, you shouldn't doubt me Cala ;) Colonists will put whatever you tell them they can on a conveyor belt, though I'm struggling to get them to take it off wherever they want until it reaches the end.

Oh I know how to do that bit. I was having the same problem!

They place it wherever they want on the conveyor so that could be beginning, middle or end. And then they take it of wherever they want. beginning, middle or end. I meant I don't think you can edit the AI to do that part.

Architect

You'll see how I handled it soon. I still need to fix it up a little bit, as the conveyor belts have started conveying each other, which is less than ideal. May take a little longer than I expected to finish it up too as I accidently deleted a whole segment of code for the conveyor which I need to put back more efficiently. Tomorrow or Friday I will have it all operational again (I hope) and I'll let you take a look then.

Cala13er

Quote from: Architect on March 19, 2014, 09:09:41 AM
You'll see how I handled it soon. I still need to fix it up a little bit, as the conveyor belts have started conveying each other, which is less than ideal. May take a little longer than I expected to finish it up too as I accidently deleted a whole segment of code for the conveyor which I need to put back more efficiently. Tomorrow or Friday I will have it all operational again (I hope) and I'll let you take a look then.

Thank you! Really looking forward to it :)

letharion

Based on this idea I liked for buried conduits: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2609.0 , I put together a really simple (my first) mod: https://github.com/letharion/RimWorldMods
It doesn't make much sense on it's own, would you be interested in including it in BetterPower?