[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Oh my that's a lot of issues D: I genuinely am struggling to get internet at the moment as in in wales. I physically cannot get home to fix this stuff until Monday, at which point i don't know how capable of anything in actually going to be. Never the less, ill do what i can. Any save games, screenshots, descriptions of the setups, version numbers, etc that you can give me will be incredibly useful. I was so certain i had fixed the wire issue though, and this negative energy one is majorly worrying too :/

but thankyou for the kind words those wh said them :) ill continue to do my best
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Coenmcj

Cheers for an awesome mod! I've been using this in conjunction with the big bang mod and I've been getting a few errors in relation to nuclear power plants.

Mainly, Enumeration Operation errors when Nuclear Debris overlaps uranium/hoppers
and then Secondly whenever someone shifts the debris to a dumping zone, it teleports the pawn out of the square and producing an error each time.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

LittleMikey

Hey there! For some reason I can't de-construct the metal walls with built in lights. Not sure if I need to do something special to get rid of them.

Rex705

Quote from: LittleMikey on April 19, 2014, 12:36:36 PM
Hey there! For some reason I can't de-construct the metal walls with built in lights. Not sure if I need to do something special to get rid of them.
you can sell them but it seems to be on a time limit so if you don't have someone come by and tear it down right away the sell mark goes away.

daft73

Thanks Architect, my power is just beast now..

can't say that I'm having many troubles with your mod..only one I can bring up, others have as well, is the fact you can't remove "lit walls".

Thanks for all your time and hard work Architect! ;D

longbyte1

What license is this mod? From the looks of it, only a small part of the source was released.

Thoughtless

I love this mod, it's definitely the must have mod for this game. I have a few suggestions/problems that you can completely ignore if you'd like, but I think they'ed improve game play even further.

-Make nuclear waste similar to dead bodies so that colonists will just pick it up and move it to debris stockpiles. (Currently you have to zone it to be hauled as it's created which wastes a lot of time.)
-Coal mines don't line up with geysers if rotated (which can cause some problems in tight spaces.)
-A version of the mod where geysers aren't constantly being created (I thought BetterPowerHard would have this cut out, but it is still happening.)
-Integration of power switches mod, another great mod that really improves the game, but you can't bury the switches so they look out of place.
-Lastly I find the constant explosions coming from the mines very annoying, so if it is at all possible, it'd be nice if there was some research that allowed mines to be quieter (Ex: Sound dampening or a different method that didn't require explosions.)   

Like I said at the beginning, I love this mod, these where just some things I came across in my many playthroughs.

lazerlogic

How do i feed urainium in the nuclear controller ?

Rex705

biosehnsucht

I am seeing both the problem where when the lit walls switch to/from emergency power they spawn wire spools, and the rather more annoying (and existing for some time) bug where anytime power GENERATION is insufficient they switch to emergency mode - in other words, they can only be used when you have enough coal / steam / nuclear power, anything that puts power into batteries is useless once they stop generating as they won't use power from batteries. And due to the nature of this bug, it's even more annoying because they'll constantly cycle between full and emergency power...

Kirid

I've been having problems and successes with the charged barb wire. The regular wire kills colonists pretty constantly, using the charge wire you can switch the power off and it doesn't do damage. While they technically should do the same as the normal wire at this point (difficult coding?), it's usefull for cleaning the area of bodies. Mine are switched off most of the time, and when a raid comes up I switch them on. Except they need to be turned on before the raid starts coming and pathing, or else I get TONS of lag and pathing errors. I'm not sure what's causing this.
You can't rollerskate in a muffalo herd

NephilimNexus

You know... someone should combine the barbed wire code and the blasting charge code to make minefields.

Spectarz

I saw a post where someone brought up this problem but can't find it now.  I am assuming there is supposed to be a way to interact with the unidentified object, correct?  All I can seem to do is shoot it.  Any way to actually interact with it, like deconstruct it or something?

Architect

Quote from: Spectarz on April 21, 2014, 06:25:33 AM
I saw a post where someone brought up this problem but can't find it now.  I am assuming there is supposed to be a way to interact with the unidentified object, correct?  All I can seem to do is shoot it.  Any way to actually interact with it, like deconstruct it or something?

To deconstruct it you need the latest version of BetterPower+ I'm afraid, I ballsed up before hand XD

For all those interested, I am now back in England at my desktop, and will begin work immediately on 2.4.0 It isn't going to have the plethora of features I had hoped it would, and it will be breaking save compatibility, but I am hoping it will fix up the last of the errors people keep having. Wall lights will be removed until I can make a far better system for their implementation, which will then come in 2.5.0, and various other bits and bobs will be tweaked to make them work smoother. I thank you all for your patience and kind words, and will let you know when the mod gets updated so that it is less buggy once more.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

daft73

Thanks for the update mate, cheers to you and your mod. Take some time and enjoy the world around you.  ;)