[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daft73

Quote from: biosehnsucht on April 26, 2014, 01:17:48 AM
Looks like lit walls are working now from battery, and not causing the psychodelic rave party when power goes low. And thus, no free flood spools of wire due to that. So, that solves the problems I had ...
But...it gave your colonies the ability to relive a long gone era,...written in the annals of history as a  time of war and peace, a time of reflection, we must remember!! ??? ::) ;D

Great to see the lights working better power ;)

Xeewon

Hey there, Just thought I'd pop down an idea, Bio-fuel generator. mixing plants and/or meat (use for bodies?) into bio-fuel and requiring a supply of bio-fuel to keep running to balance the fact of being able to place it anywhere.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Phoenix591

I'd love it if you tweaked it so that Conveyer Belts could move nuclear waste, so one could setup loading zones all around a reactor and whenever waste would spawn, it would get conveyed away to a dumping zone.

biosehnsucht

Last night I finally put the conveyer belt that you can walk across to the test... every time coal would arrive at the belt it would be ejected, unable to run over it. They don't seem to work as intended? (I can walk over them, but items on the conveyer can't convey over them, acting like they've reached the end of the belt or a hole in the belt and just jump off)

Architect

I'm glad for the most part everything is working as it should for most people :D

Quote from: Xeewon on April 26, 2014, 06:57:30 PM
Hey there, Just thought I'd pop down an idea, Bio-fuel generator. mixing plants and/or meat (use for bodies?) into bio-fuel and requiring a supply of bio-fuel to keep running to balance the fact of being able to place it anywhere.

A long, long planned idea of mine, but with something like this you gotta do it right. My eventual intention is to have pipes for conveying bio fuel and things like that, non essential fluids only so that unlikely means water. However, until I can get the pipes going, which I am unlikely to find time for before my exams, that picture would do nicely as a manual transport container? :D

Quote from: Phoenix591 on April 26, 2014, 09:13:59 PM
I'd love it if you tweaked it so that Conveyer Belts could move nuclear waste, so one could setup loading zones all around a reactor and whenever waste would spawn, it would get conveyed away to a dumping zone.

I thought I had, but testing now that is apparently broken XD Rest assured I'll be working on that for 2.5.0

Quote from: biosehnsucht on April 27, 2014, 01:03:03 PM
Last night I finally put the conveyer belt that you can walk across to the test... every time coal would arrive at the belt it would be ejected, unable to run over it. They don't seem to work as intended? (I can walk over them, but items on the conveyer can't convey over them, acting like they've reached the end of the belt or a hole in the belt and just jump off)

I think I ballsed up the texture, so it does work, it just points in the wrong direction. I think the texture is rotated 90 degrees anti clockwise, so you can either right click the texture in the betterpower mod and click rotate clockwise to fix the issue, or just be aware of it when placing them in game.

I hope that answers everything? :D
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Xeewon

Quote from: Architect on April 27, 2014, 02:41:00 PM
A long, long planned idea of mine, but with something like this you gotta do it right. My eventual intention is to have pipes for conveying bio fuel and things like that, non essential fluids only so that unlikely means water. However, until I can get the pipes going, which I am unlikely to find time for before my exams, that picture would do nicely as a manual transport container? :D

Hmm, never thought of pipes. now that you mention it, it does make far more sense. At any rate, manually loading fuel should be the first step anyway with pipes as a research to make it easier and more efficient. Oh, and that texture is just a core rimworld texture I found in the files, that I added text to, haha. I just love the idea of being able to use the bodies for power >:D

Architect

Quote from: Xeewon on April 27, 2014, 03:27:38 PM

Hmm, never thought of pipes. now that you mention it, it does make far more sense. At any rate, manually loading fuel should be the first step anyway with pipes as a research to make it easier and more efficient. Oh, and that texture is just a core rimworld texture I found in the files, that I added text to, haha. I just love the idea of being able to use the bodies for power >:D

and the first step in a great series it shall be :P Fair enough XD

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Cala13er

How are you planning on getting the pumping through pipes, I'm curious? I based mine of Transmission (Because I'm not good enough to write it myself, no seriously).

WorldOfIllusion

Quote from: Cala13er on April 27, 2014, 07:14:14 PM
How are you planning on getting the pumping through pipes, I'm curious? I based mine of Transmission (Because I'm not good enough to write it myself, no seriously).

For the mod i'm working on I have made my own net similar to the games powerNet. You could also just do a pipe class that finds any pipes adjacent to it, when it gets liquid put into its internal variable it moves it along to an adjacent pipe thing (and from there add the finesse).
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)

Architect

My loose plan at the moment is to work it a little like conveyor belts which will convey the liquid in all direction bar the one it knows to receive liquid from. The net will be built by detecting if the pipes around it have found a pump, each one trying until a pump is found, which then should trigger a change in a found variable throughout all connected pipes. In my mind, I'll make a little thing capable of telling where adjacent pipes are receiving from, and not allow it to convey any liquid in it to that point. Pumps will basically control the direction of liquid flow. The main issue is going to come when detecting the removal and additions of new pumps, but that's a bridge I intend to cross at a later date. The pipes are not high on my priority list until I finish getting all the other base BetterPower+ features down. Baring in mind I still need to make my little easter egg side part of BetterPower which I promised and have still barely started :/

biosehnsucht

I think I ballsed up the texture, so it does work, it just points in the wrong direction. I think the texture is rotated 90 degrees anti clockwise, so you can either right click the texture in the betterpower mod and click rotate clockwise to fix the issue, or just be aware of it when placing them in game.

You're right, putting it in 90* CCW worked. And now that you've pointed it out, the texture is rotated in the structure menu too - all the other items are facing towards the right, but it appears to be facing up (texture rotated).

Architect

Quote from: biosehnsucht on April 28, 2014, 11:27:18 AM

You're right, putting it in 90* CCW worked. And now that you've pointed it out, the texture is rotated in the structure menu too - all the other items are facing towards the right, but it appears to be facing up (texture rotated).

Thought so, total balls up on my part. Just another reason I need to get testers though :P I'm sure you can work around it until I bring out 2.5.0 though right?

Orma

Im guessing its becouse "mountains" got bad code but really?
http://imgur.com/niK3x4r
In this map alone my trading beacon stockpile got hit twice and now my base got hit. Lightning also ignores all reason as you can see at the bottom, i have got generators blown up becouse a lightning strike went straight through a rock mountain.

Architect

Quote from: Orma on April 29, 2014, 08:04:03 AM
Im guessing its becouse "mountains" got bad code but really?
http://imgur.com/niK3x4r
In this map alone my trading beacon stockpile got hit twice and now my base got hit. Lightning also ignores all reason as you can see at the bottom, i have got generators blown up because a lightning strike went straight through a rock mountain.

What lightning caused this? The Lightning rod, fallen space debris, or just in game weather? None of these should have struck lightning through a mountain....

Orma

The massive spam of lightning after the object goes critical.