[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Architect

Quote from: Orma on April 29, 2014, 08:53:33 AM
The massive spam of lightning after the object goes critical.

Ok, I'll run some tests when I get home to confirm it was definitely hitting within the mountains, and if it is I'll throw in some extra checks to stop it hitting anywhere with a thick rock roof. Thanks for the report :)

Also if anyone is interested, conveyor belts have been significantly simplified for the next update, so instead of having one belt for each thing, you can have one belt and turn loading on and off. Also added detector belts, and sorting belts are coming soon too.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Orma

Got some more pictures that i took after the one in my base went critical.
2 got confirmed lightning strikes in them. And the last one you can see all the red dots from the damage the strikes caused.
http://imgur.com/FqL2gxd,tK3gsPn,WDssfbJ#0

securitycop

just a heads up i found out this mod is creating some problems for me but here are the details for fixing it hopefully

ok found the problem via process of elimination and thinking..
i had to think about this at first , what could prevent me from using the hopper or the nutipaste machine ..
then i seen it during researching the mod Better power Plus has a coal burner that uses a ..( hopper )
so i turn off the mod and built my nuti-paste machine with hoppers and not only the icon for the hoppers found a different spot on toolbar but my colonist started using it again  !

I then individually turn on the other mods listed but Better power + and long behold it still worked , colonist used the Nutri paste machine

Architect

Quote from: securitycop on April 29, 2014, 10:07:18 AM
just a heads up i found out this mod is creating some problems for me but here are the details for fixing it hopefully

ok found the problem via process of elimination and thinking..
i had to think about this at first , what could prevent me from using the hopper or the nutipaste machine ..
then i seen it during researching the mod Better power Plus has a coal burner that uses a ..( hopper )
so i turn off the mod and built my nuti-paste machine with hoppers and not only the icon for the hoppers found a different spot on toolbar but my colonist started using it again  !

I then individually turn on the other mods listed but Better power + and long behold it still worked , colonist used the Nutri paste machine

I replied to you PM :) By default hoppers in BP+ dont accept anything, though have the potential to accept all raw resources. This is so that they can be used in conjunction with anything which requires storage to feed out of. All you needed to do was turn on accepting food in the storage tab and it would have worked XD

That being said, you aren't the first person to get by this, and I very much doubt you will be the last. If anyone has some imaginative ways to fix this confusion, I'm all ears :/

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Tynan

Quote from: Architect on April 29, 2014, 12:55:07 PM
That being said, you aren't the first person to get by this, and I very much doubt you will be the last. If anyone has some imaginative ways to fix this confusion, I'm all ears :/

Have exactly one kind of hopper and do an automatic initial config on it depending on what is placed next to it or what it is placed next to.

Oh crap this might be my job!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: Tynan on April 29, 2014, 12:59:00 PM

Have exactly one kind of hopper and do an automatic initial config on it depending on what is placed next to it or what it is placed next to.

Oh crap Tynan remembered what his job is! This will speed up the next release, now we will get it... next month... or so. :P

Architect

I was thinking of doing that, but I wasn't sure how plausible it would be to do. Never the less, I'll certainly look into it and see what happens :P Is it something you intend to do anyway though?

jamieg

20000 views ARCHITECT :D soon you'll control the work  :P
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Architect

Quote from: jamieg on April 29, 2014, 04:08:07 PM

A feat I am incredibly proud of :D You're not far behind with your mod pack either by the looks of things :P

Tynan

Quote from: Architect on April 29, 2014, 01:58:51 PM

I was thinking of doing that, but I wasn't sure how plausible it would be to do. Never the less, I'll certainly look into it and see what happens :P Is it something you intend to do anyway though?

It's nowhere on my horizon, no.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

jamieg

Quote from: Architect on April 29, 2014, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: jamieg on April 29, 2014, 04:08:07 PM

A feat I am incredibly proud of :D You're not far behind with your mod pack either by the looks of things :P

BUT although I am very proud of it and how popular it is the credit is all of ours, but Unknown World on the other hand is what I really want to see become successful. and I also hope to see a few people moding it  :P
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

Architect

Nekora

For some reason laser drills will not build. Resourses for the construction will be deposited but not work is done

Architect

Quote from: Nekora on April 29, 2014, 09:33:59 PM
For some reason laser drills will not build. Resourses for the construction will be deposited but not work is done

Nothing in my mod changes how building works :/ I'm afraid this is either a bug with the game or your laser drill has become unreachable to the colonists. Still, if you can provide screenshots and a save game, id be happy to look into it for you. :)

UrbanBourbon

Hello, creator of this fine mod. Perhaps you could add a way to plug (remove) steam geyser vents (SGV), that asteroids create. I have probably a dozen of them already on my map. One of them appeared in my colonists' kitchen, which was not pleasant. What are the details regarding the occurrence of an asteroid? Is there some maximum or will I have my map filled with SGVs if I play long enough?