[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

Quote from: mrofa on May 03, 2014, 09:08:42 PM
Just installed it and frankly i have no idea whats most of the stuff is for, i would suggest make some video explaning it

You just installed BP+?  Well, I can certainly help by making a video &/or making a wiki to explain it all, to help Architect out a bit.  It'll take me a bit though.  Eating and got stuff to do.  I can likely have it done by tomorrow though.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mrofa

Haha yehh as much as it looks wierd i dont use much mods, think that armory was the biggest on i instaled at all.
I would appriciate if you would do that vido :)
All i do is clutter all around.

Architect

Sorry about my lack of replies go, had a bit of a cycling incident so ive been away for the past few days. You'll get some proper replies tomorrow when i get home. Sorry guys.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Rousel

That's what puts me off using it, it's just a mass of stuff, I'd say make it so when you start, you start with basic wire production, a simple power wind turbine and a out door battery and then scale up the need to do more things with each tier of research with a description in the research info for what each tier gains you and what new you have unlocked on completion.

Architect

Quote from: Rousel on May 04, 2014, 06:21:03 PM
That's what puts me off using it, it's just a mass of stuff, I'd say make it so when you start, you start with basic wire production, a simple power wind turbine and a out door battery and then scale up the need to do more things with each tier of research with a description in the research info for what each tier gains you and what new you have unlocked on completion.

You're quite right that it is a problem, and something that I am definitely going to work on in the future. I've been so desperate to put all my ideas out that I haven't necessarily balanced them for people to play with XD That and all the school work I have constantly means that a lot of what i do is very rushed, which is why I'm spending so long on the current update, I'm making everything I already have work a little nicer and be a little more balanced.

That being said, I'm not adding anything more to my to do list for the next update anymore, so implementing a proper tech tree and what not is going to have to wait until after 2.5.0 and after I have finally sorted out the wikia, which I have neglected oh so horribly. I'd rather people didn't create new pages on the wikia I'm making, however if anyone wishes to change existing pages to make them include information you think others may find useful, then by all means go ahead.

As for a video, again, if anyone is willing to do a showcase of the mod, I'd be happy to stick it up in my main thread and send some internet traffic their way.

Oh, and I'm back btw :P

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

decomg

how clean the radioactive waste?

Thanks for the great mod    ::)

Architect

The radioactive waste should decay into decayed radioactive waste after 14 days I think. After that it can be placed anywhere without any negative effects on the colonist, but is other wise useless. That changes in the coming update though :)

Duffman3005

The "tick" bug from the decaying waste just hit me.  Had the same message being spammed in the console, taking up about half my screen space.  I eventually had to go into dev tools mode to get rid of the waste completely (by that I mean I lightning'd the crap out of it ha).  In hindsight now I suppose reloading my save might have fixed the problem...

Architect

Quote from: Duffman3005 on May 07, 2014, 05:38:44 AM
The "tick" bug from the decaying waste just hit me.  Had the same message being spammed in the console, taking up about half my screen space.  I eventually had to go into dev tools mode to get rid of the waste completely (by that I mean I lightning'd the crap out of it ha).  In hindsight now I suppose reloading my save might have fixed the problem...

Tick bug should have been fixed in 2.4.1? What version are you running currently? (Good choice of destruction by the way XD)

Duffman3005

Quote from: Architect on May 07, 2014, 05:45:14 AM
Quote from: Duffman3005 on May 07, 2014, 05:38:44 AM

Tick bug should have been fixed in 2.4.1? What version are you running currently? (Good choice of destruction by the way XD)

Oooh, I just figured it out, I was using the mega mod pack which is still using 2.4.0 (I even just re-downloaded the pack to be sure, I checked the mods xml file for the version number)

I suppose updating it won't mess with any other mod in the pack right?

Edit- Now I'm not sure, I downloaded 2.4.1 from this thread, checked the xml file in the about folder, and saw the version number was still listed as 2.4.0

Architect

That's... Alarming :/ ill check that when i get home to see if i just ballsed up the version number or if the wrong link is up. Hopefully its the former. Could you just confirm if the tick error persists with your new version? It shouldn't cause any issue, only the first two numbers changing infer broken save compatibility.

Nagahide

123nick

do you think you can make a industrialrim compatible version?

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Vas

Quote from: mrofa on May 03, 2014, 10:47:29 PM
Haha yehh as much as it looks wierd i dont use much mods, think that armory was the biggest on i instaled at all.
I would appriciate if you would do that vido :)

Sorry, been busy lately, and been playing a different game a lot more, even hosting a server on it xP  So haven't had much time for Rimworld lately.  I always thought the mod was pretty self explanatory and all, but I guess not.  I can try to make a wiki of it soon enough, when not so busy.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.