[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noobier

For me the nuclear reactor gives out no power at all.
The same for the wind turbines.

Are there incompatibilities to other mods?

Jerethi50

Dunno about the nuclear reactor but the wind turbines need about 4 or 5 tiles infront of and behind them clear of things, even power conduits seem to block them.

Demonlord091

I'm having the same problem with the Turbines, if it's being blocked by a power conduit that's a little ridiculous but easy to work around.

Also having issues with the Laser Drill sitting there for hours devouring unpleasant amounts of power resource while not actually producing anything.

Haven't tried the Nuclear Reactor or Coal Burner just yet (no coal with no drill) but I'll get to it either tonight or tomorrow.

Enjoy.

Architect

The laser drill i tested thoroughly, if you're running the latest version it should definitely work. Wind turbines need two spaces in front and behind, but no one ever gets that so ill remove that requirement. The burners ill fix if they are broken when i get home from work
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

JorDash

Quote from: Architect on June 19, 2014, 03:13:20 AM
The laser drill i tested thoroughly, if you're running the latest version it should definitely work. Wind turbines need two spaces in front and behind, but no one ever gets that so ill remove that requirement. The burners ill fix if they are broken when i get home from work

Please don't remove the space requirement for the wind turbines. They are fairly op as it is. I had something like 12-15 of them and a geothermal generator running 15 turrets and my entire base with no hiccups.
And it's not your fault if people can't be bothered to read.

Jerethi50

I Concur, Please do not remove the space requirement, The Easiest way to deal with confusion is to include an informative Read Me document with the download, and perhaps a brief set of instructions on the forum page, beyond installation instructions, I understand some people are not good at writing up such documents, I myself am not a big fan of them but i have seen many times over the difference it makes in Mod user understanding, If you would like assistance setting one up feel free to email me at [email protected] or to send me a message over this forum.

nuper fi

There's a bug with the Lit Metal Wall part. It is as bright as a Sun Lamp, one is enough to run a hydro farm. Not that it's not practical but a little op for sure :P

WolfgangPolska

Only for me coal miner spawn "mined" coal in it's own frame? like this
H-Square occupied by drill
x-free square C-square where coal spawns

xxxxxx
HHHHHx
HHCHHx
HHHHHx
So basicly the coal spawn IN drill not outside :C

I have no idea how, but it works!!!

forsaken1111

Easy way to enforce the wind turbine space requirement: Make it actually take up that space so that it cannot be built in a space too small to work.

Architect

OK, most urgent fixes applied and the mod has been updated. Are there any more issues people are having before I move on to making additions to the mod rather than getting old stuff to work.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

nmid

My coal plant started working when I cleared out more area around it.. Does that make any difference?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

haint

I haven't messed around with the coal plant much, but other than what people are posting about it, everything seems to be working fine on my end.  Many thanks for your hard work.
"Whoa"

Seth1483

Quote from: Architect on June 19, 2014, 03:05:12 PM
OK, most urgent fixes applied and the mod has been updated. Are there any more issues people are having before I move on to making additions to the mod rather than getting old stuff to work.

Uhh, well, I've tried with every version of 4.0.x and not one of them has worked for me.  Unless something has completely blanked from my mind it should be working.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Architect

Quote from: Seth1483 on June 19, 2014, 06:55:32 PM
Quote from: Architect on June 19, 2014, 03:05:12 PM

Uhh, well, I've tried with every version of 4.0.x and not one of them has worked for me.  Unless something has completely blanked from my mind it should be working.

Have you unzipped the folder, and taken the folder out of that? When you open my mod, you should be immeadiately confronted with a list of folders for stuff that gets added/changed, if you just have another BetterPower folder you need to put that in its place.