[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefinn

I am brand new to the mod, just wondering, I got a wind turbine and hooked it directly up to a battery (just to be sure)... It's producing nothing.

Am I missing a step with this ? :)

Thanks.

forsaken1111

Quote from: thefinn on August 04, 2014, 10:04:30 PM
I am brand new to the mod, just wondering, I got a wind turbine and hooked it directly up to a battery (just to be sure)... It's producing nothing.

Thanks.
Is the battery in front of or behind the wind turbine?

jorea143

How do you setup a coal burner? I got mine built and I notice my coal supply doesn't decrease. And it doesn't produce power.

Somz

Quote from: forsaken1111 on August 05, 2014, 11:01:55 AM

Thanks.

Shouldn't matter, according to my experience, if the turbine has roof above it (even "outside"), or have something behind or in front of it, it generates no power.
I didn't exactly experiment on how close I can place things to it, usually I just skip 4 (or 5?) tiles.
To beer or not to beer.
That is a laughable question.

thefinn

Quote from: Cyst on August 05, 2014, 06:14:18 PM
Quote from: forsaken1111 on August 05, 2014, 11:01:55 AM

Thanks.

Shouldn't matter, according to my experience, if the turbine has roof above it (even "outside"), or have something behind or in front of it, it generates no power.
I didn't exactly experiment on how close I can place things to it, usually I just skip 4 (or 5?) tiles.

How far in front/behind are we talking?

Is this documented somewhere I'm missing? Thread needs a TLDR if it's in there ;)

Architect

Sorry for late replies from me, I've been without internet for the past week. The plan for the next three weeks should happilly address your current concerns as well as a few others. Basically Imma throw out some patches for the broken gubbins in my mod, get that back up to scratch, and then when my new computer arrives next week I'm going to begin making mini tutorials on how to use the mod. Simply, but hopefully effective.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Seth1483

Are you also getting it up to Alpha 6? Based on the changelog, there seems to be a LOT of mapgen changes.

Architect

Quote from: Seth1483 on August 09, 2014, 01:07:06 PM
Are you also getting it up to Alpha 6? Based on the changelog, there seems to be a LOT of mapgen changes.

Shouldn't be a problem as I have removed all map gen related components from BP+. Never the less, we shall see. As long as alpha 6 comes out during the summer holidays, we should be able to see a relatively fast update for this mod as I'm gonna have plenty of free time for once XD

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

coolflash

Nice work! Tried the mod and it really helps. Still wondering how to use the nuclear control thingy.

I observed a bug. Not sure if anyone else got the same issue:

The vanilla 'incident' for short circuiting of the battery is somehow causing problems with the large battery whenever I begin placing large batteries in game. This caused the game to stop creating any more incidents like traders, other events etc.

I removed the short circuiting incident and the game works fine. I suppose the game does not recognize the incident to also work on large batteries in conjunction with vanilla batteries in game?

Thanks for the mod though  ;)

Architect

Quote from: coolflash on August 11, 2014, 07:36:57 AM
Nice work! Tried the mod and it really helps. Still wondering how to use the nuclear control thingy.

I observed a bug. Not sure if anyone else got the same issue:

The vanilla 'incident' for short circuiting of the battery is somehow causing problems with the large battery whenever I begin placing large batteries in game. This caused the game to stop creating any more incidents like traders, other events etc.

I removed the short circuiting incident and the game works fine. I suppose the game does not recognize the incident to also work on large batteries in conjunction with vanilla batteries in game?

Thanks for the mod though  ;)

It's a known issue that I'm having a hell of a time trying to work out :/ Rest assured it will be fixed in the next update, no matter how long it takes.

Faryzal2020

is this going to be updated? i love the laser drill, it really helps.
Check out my mod: Definitely More Cannons

Architect

Yeah, I'm gonna start working on it as soon as I get back on Monday. :)

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Architect

Good news and bad news. Good news: I'm back! Bad news: I'm a bit of an idiot. Not the smartest person on the block and not the best remembering things, my memory is kind of similar to a siv, but where the bottom fell out leaving you with a useless metal hoop. Unfortunately what that means is that I may have lost the entirety of BP+ with a really stupid mistake, along with every back up I had. Now I still have the old versions which I can decompile, copy over, and rebuild the mod from, but its gonna take a little bit of time. On top of that I've got into a bit of trouble with some not so cleaver antics, so I need to get away from my village for a while, leaving within this hour. I honestly don't know how long I'll be gone or when I'll be back, hopefully not long, but until then there's not going to be a lot going on. But hey, for all I know I'll be back by the end of tomorrow XD

Jerethi50

Ohh man, that really sucks :(, I guess ill start a build of aio without BP+, Anyhow hope you are ok and everything gets worked out for ya.