[MOD] (Alpha 5) BetterPower+ (V5.0.0): Updated 16/07/14

Started by Architect, February 28, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Looking at this mod I can do most if not all of this but dont want to step on any toes so ill wait until the mod author is clearly gone for good or I get approval, until then some of the more lightweight stuff might be seen very shortly over in my MorePower mod, a wind turbine is on the way right now, im just tidying it up a bit.

How did this turbine work, did it check weather and give more energy if thundering etc?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

jamieg

glad to here it skully im hoping to use some off your mods in the BIG BANG modpack??
YES! Its true! im updating The BIG BANG mod pack check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzLZbECR20&list=UUr1sEPUEhFqy01q16zGisIg

skullywag

Ok so the wind turbine was easy peasy, animation as well (even set it to used some unused frames from the original mod, im guessing Architect toned this down for performance reasons but meh).

Architect how would you feel about me using your artwork, its better than anything i can come up with, I wont release this into my MorePower mod until I get your say so, if not im sure I can do some average art for it.

Architect

I'm happy for you to take whatever you want from the mod bar the art actually. As mrofa did all my art and did it so brilliantly, id feel more comfortable if you asked him if it was ok to use the art first.

and yeah, turbines randomised output every few seconds, and the range from which it could randomise changed depending on the weather.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

skullywag

Quote from: Architect on September 21, 2014, 05:54:48 AM
I'm happy for you to take whatever you want from the mod bar the art actually. As mrofa did all my art and did it so brilliantly, id feel more comfortable if you asked him if it was ok to use the art first.

and yeah, turbines randomised output every few seconds, and the range from which it could randomise changed depending on the weather.
Ah cool, ill hit him up and see if hes ok with it, I *may* be able to straight port this if thats what people want but my time is pretty valuable at the moment (new dad), It was only because I happened to be putting a wind turbine into my mod that i enquired here, I have however learned how to do simple animations now thanks to you so...thanks..

Jaxxa

Quote from: Architect on September 21, 2014, 05:54:48 AM

Just checking is that open ended permission for people, or would you prefer people contact you on a case by case basis as skullywag has done?

I will probably look at releasing a mod with the Lazer drill and barbed/charged wire after alpha 7.

Architect

Quote from: jaxxa on September 21, 2014, 07:53:01 PM
Quote from: Architect on September 21, 2014, 07:53:01 PM

Just checking is that open ended permission for people, or would you prefer people contact you on a case by case basis as skullywag has done?

I will probably look at releasing a mod with the Lazer drill and barbed/charged wire after alpha 7.
Consider it a corpse on the ground :P Any code that does get used by people I would appreciate a little 'thanks to Architect' thing, but I'm not really that fussed. As for art stuff, as far as I'm concerned it is all owned by mrofa, and so to use it I'd rather you have his permissions. Ideas that you want to redo yourself feel free to just take.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Manly

Many thanks to you, Architect, for your contributions to the community.  I, and many others, loved your work!

Demonlord091

You will be missed by us all, Architect.

Everyone that's tried your mod has loved it. Personally I made sure to get your Better Power+ mod before any others.

Have fun.

FuzzieMann

Architect

I lost all the source code initially. I've managed to recover it all as of a month or so ago, but this game has come along far too far for my mod to integrate its way back in.