Months to Seasons Discussion?

Started by DariusWolfe, July 29, 2016, 03:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DariusWolfe

I'm curious if there was ever any discussion on why Tynan chose to change from months to seasons. I'm disappointed by the choice myself, having come into the game in A13, but having seen older LPs, and I'd like to understand it. I scrolled down through the blog, and did a search through the forums (all I came up with is someone asking about modding it back).

If he discusses his reasoning in the A13 release video, just say so, and I'll check it out when I get a chance; Can't do it just now, as I'm just taking a quick break from work to peruse the forums.

Hell, if you have any strong opinions on this, I wouldn't mind hearing 'em, even if they're not the official Ludeon gospel.

Goo Poni

Because your colonists and all your colonists' relatives, lovers and exes have crash landed on a backwater planet that has a very short orbit period. *shrug*

Juan el Demgrafo

Our months don't really apply to a planet with a hundred day (or whatever) year. Or technically even to a planet with plural moons.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.

Tynan

It was too weird to have a month of 5 days. That's less than a real week.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog