Steam updates disable all mods

Started by cheetah2003, July 29, 2016, 09:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheetah2003

There was a Steam issued update (14e I believe?) today.  Great that the updater is working.  That was a huge thing I was wanting from the Steam release, no need to go and re-download the game, unpack it, and all that jazz.

Alas, there is one annoying thing.. when the Steam update goes in, it automatically disables all my mods and scrambles their order from how I had them.  While it's not the end of the world, it is really annoying to have to go enable every mod and arrange them correctly again.

So perhaps in the next update you can address this so mods stay as they're set.  At least with minor updates.  At the very least, it would be nice if they stayed in the order they were arranged so you can just tick them all enabled again.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: cheetah2003 on July 29, 2016, 09:52:43 PM
There was a Steam issued update (14e I believe?) today.  Great that the updater is working.  That was a huge thing I was wanting from the Steam release, no need to go and re-download the game, unpack it, and all that jazz.

Alas, there is one annoying thing.. when the Steam update goes in, it automatically disables all my mods and scrambles their order from how I had them.  While it's not the end of the world, it is really annoying to have to go enable every mod and arrange them correctly again.

So perhaps in the next update you can address this so mods stay as they're set.  At least with minor updates.  At the very least, it would be nice if they stayed in the order they were arranged so you can just tick them all enabled again.

If you always run the same mods, make a backup copy of your modsconfig.xml file. Then if steam updates your game, you can just copy the file back where it belongs. You will be back with all the same mods, in the same order.

Find that file in:
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config
at least for windows, if you are running linux or mac, a quick google search should help you find it.