Raid Types: Hostile Takeover

Started by LouisTBR, July 30, 2016, 10:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LouisTBR

WEEKLY SUGGESTIONS: THIS WEEK - RAID TYPES!

Currently, raids are quite simplistic. Raiders come, shooty-shooty, deady-deady. Or kidnappy-kidnappy my colonisty-colonisty...
I think some variation to raids could be interesting, as they are quite a main part of the game. So, this Friday to next Friday, I'm gonna suggest (daily) new raid ideas. Todays: Hostile Takeover (HT)

Hostile Takeover is a raid-style event which consists of a party of raiders (Any Type) who's main goal is to take control of your colony. The raid starts as a regular fight, with the enemy trying to either incapacitate or kill your colonists. Once all colonists are incapacitated/dead, raiders will designate beds for their prisoners (Incapacitated colonists) and imprison them. They will then run your colony as if it was their own, by cooking, growing etc. Meanwhile, you control your imprisoned colonists and plan a way to escape!
Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

Daman453

This sounds great, but it would take some time! An idea for Ty's giant list!
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

Mrred1

"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

LouisTBR

Only in RimWorld is the phrase "31 Heavily-Armed Siegers are currently bombing your base" preferable to "50 manhunting squirrels are attacking your colony"

SpaceDorf

Then they start making hats of your dead friends and harvesting parts from the living :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Lightzy

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 31, 2016, 10:03:14 AM
Then they start making hats of your dead friends and harvesting parts from the living :)

+1

Havan_IronOak

Interesting idea! Much better than my idea for an extortionist raid. Raiders who would just leave if you paid them. My idea was extortionist raids did actually happen in Real World history.

keylocke

+1

devs should also bring back the torture stuff from the previous alphas for the raider gaolers. (except this time, torture is to try to keep your colonists dazed)

it might also be fun to be able to use the console to call for help from friendly factions.

MeowRailroad

This would make for AMAZING stories. +1.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

LouisTBR

tommonius

I really like this idea, hell it would be a great starting background, have a modest sized warband and attack a small but well fortified colony and take it for yourself, repair it, bury the dead, replace your losses and expand!

LouisTBR

deslona

It would be interesting to see how an AI would design/grow/allocate work to the raiders once they took over. But I think to make this truly interesting (and not a race against mood failures vs injury in a chance to escape) the game would need to implement prisoner labour first.