Does growing affect cutting down trees?

Started by stigma, July 30, 2016, 04:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigma

Hey all,

I know that growing affects harvesting plants, but that made me think - does it also affect cutting down trees? Extra yield? Less time?

Usually plant-cutting is something I assign every to do, thinking that it is dumb untrained labor but... assuming you have limited quantities of nearby trees, would your main grower be better at this? (especially if it affects the yield).

It's a little fiddly to test since tree yields have fairly large random-ranges of yield.
Does anyone know?

-Stigma

Juan el Demgrafo

Go to the Stats tab in Info (i). There is only two stats that deal with plant work. The first is, "Harvest fail chance," and the second is, "Plant work speed." There is no shown stat that shows that woodcutting to be processed differently from different plant skills. High growing skill makes woodcutting faster.

There is also another reason to have your growers to also your (primary at least) plant cutters. When there is a cold snap, zzzt..., or solar flare you'll want to get whatever plants you can harvested from your fields/hydroponics before they're destroyed. If you have everyone one who has no skills set to plant cut in this case, then you'll have a higher chance of harvest failure.
240 hours on Steam of this 2017-7-23.

Quote from: Shurp on July 29, 2016, 06:30:22 PM
...tell her to go stand in the corner of her bedroom, and beat her when she tires of it.

I really need to finish researching beer.