Funerals as an Event

Started by bechtoldn, July 30, 2016, 07:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bechtoldn

I think it could be a very cool thing to for the game if funerals became an event like parties or weddings. This would help give a small lasting positive boost to the rest of the colony seeing that one of their own was honored. People could gather near the grave or sarcophagus as the member is carried to the grave and laid to rest, then the rest would have a moment of silence before the crowd trickles away. There could be an interesting system where the better they knew the dead colonist the longer each person would stay, or if they hated the dead person they wouldn't bother coming to the funeral. Obviously these funerals would be about the same length as or shorter than a marriage ceremony as to not take up too much of the colonies time. I think this would add a touch of realism to the game as these colonist are a community, and normal people would want to honor and remember their dead.

MeowRailroad

I do this in a way, I draft all colonists except for 1 and have them stand near the coffin, then I put on dramatic/sad music, and then I order one person to bury the dead colonist. Then if there is time I make the colonists stand there for a few minutes. I do agree that it would be nice to have, to offset the sadness of losses a little better.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

AHappyMuffalo

Shian

Yes please.
More for me than the colony...

Drafting people to make a funeral is a great idea.

Pax_Empyrean

Isn't there already a happy thought from burying people in sarcophagi?

Lightzy

9ofSpades

+1

I think it would be a great addition as a way to show the colony as more of a community. Parties and weddings are a fun addition so Funerals should be a obvious next step. Colonist will already mourn their lost colonist members so why not add a ceremony to give them some conclusion.