Suggestions for a new mod

Started by AshbornK9, July 30, 2016, 11:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AshbornK9

I've been thinking for a while now that I want to start a new project, but I'm awful at brainstorming, so I want to ask all of you guys, what stuff do guys want to see made.

Keep in mind the limitations of the game, and the fact I'm still a noob with C#.
A canine born from the Ashes of the wasteland.

Click here:

amodchecker

hmm..
heres some ideas (light bulbs not included)
a better battery
a manned turret that fires artillery shells at short ranges
more armor choices (you got eather "un-armored" "armor that eats up components" and "power armor")
more wall types (iv got stone bricks and chunks a-plenty, but my colonists can't make a concrete wall)*
as an experiment, a multi square sized door, turn your mountain base into a vault (or use them as a really imposing front door)
a manned machine gun that requires "belts of ammo"

* my colonists can research and make an antimatter power generator for a starship, but they can't figure out how to make concrete?

that should get you started, just don't try to do things like make the mechinoids tougher, i tried that and ended up making them so tough i had to make a gun to kill them, which tossed balance out the window (never did manage to get the mod to work exactly as i intended, couldn't make an "armor" bodypart to cover the regular parts work all that well)
you can include my mods in your mod pack,  but you must give credit to me and there must not be any amount of money involved,

you can make mods of my mods as long as you give credit

you must inform me if you use my mods in any way shape or form

Fenrin

Can you create a mod that makes grenades, IED grenades, Molotov cocktails and personal shields craftable? That would be amazing

eskoONE

I rly don't like the current research UI. Maybe u could change it to something similar to CIV one? Here is an example http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/109168/CIV_FFH_Alt_Tech_Tree_C.JPG

I feel like this is how a research tree should look like. U can visually see which research is dependent to another research. With having so many mods available which are adding additional research tasks its getting difficult to read the informations u need. This would also help ppl new to the game a lot since its clear for which research to go if u wanna go for something specific.

I hope this is in ur scope.