Taming the Herd

Started by JRHaggs, July 25, 2016, 05:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRHaggs

Started with the wealthy lone colonist setup.

Got everything going. Best colony ever (for me, so far). By the end of the first fall, there are five happy colonists, a bit overworked, but productive and happy.

They built a large curtain wall around the perimeter of the fort and got some turrets running. Tamed three wargs.

A large herd of deer had been inside the walls when they were built, so the colonists went to work taming them.

Spring of Year Two dawns the crops are flourishing. All of a sudden one of the animal handlers is down. No problem. One of the others goes out to carry him back to the hospital. Except as he approaches, the entire herd of seventeen deer swarm and attack him. The other colonists are outside the walls of the colony, and, as they make their way back in, they are mobbed and mauled by the herd of murderous deer. One makes it nearly back to the living quarters.

The deer head out of the gate of the colony. With one dead and the other four colonists unconscious on the ground, it seems possible that one of them may recover from their wounds and be able to salvage something of this colony yet.

And then, a raid.

A fellow slinging incendiary grenades distributes his wares liberally throughout the colony. Minutes later, the entire colony, colonists and all, are a charred wasteland.

Deer, huh?

ProphetX

Lol, I had a problem like that recently but that hopefully ended better.

One of my colonist when hunting a wolf to prevent it from being a danger. But, during the hunt, the wolf was hiding right in the middle of a large herd of may be 15 deers and he shot by mistake one of them ... making the whole herd angry and lusting for blood !

My 3 colonists could hide in a small room in the middle of the colony while the rampaging deers kept on running everywhere like crazy ! With only 1 colonist able to use weapons, they all remained cowardly behind their walls for more than 12 hours ... waiting for the deers to get to sleep ... which they did eventually ... but that was mad to see them running and screaming everywhere while my terrified colonists were hidden in their hole !