Heroic Crashlanding

Started by ProphetX, July 31, 2016, 04:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProphetX

For my last game I tried the CrashLanding mod, which offered me a very fun situation to start with. Here's the story.

I found my spaceship crashing in a desert biome. A lot of colonists went down and about more than 10 survived, despite mutiple injuries, and about the same number were left dead on the ground, most of them being completly burnt in the aftercrash fires.

So the first step was to gather all my injured colonists in an emergency hospital and try to save as many of them as possible. Without any drugs to help them, any infection was almost certain death, and during the first 2 days, it was only healing and resting for most of my survivors, eating the very scarce food available.

Very quickly we had to eat the dead persons because there was so little food available ... the situation was made easier when we built a food dispenser, but it was still quite hard for the morale of my men.

After a while of medicare and building the basics to survive (a freezer for the food and the food dispenser), about 8 of my colonists were still alive. Well, in fact it was more like 5 given that one of them had no arms left and was just wandering all day, and 2 others missed a leg, which left them sleeping on the ground all day ... 3 useless persons to feed, many thought about getting them into the food dispenser ...

Hopefully, a visitor came in and ... given how desperate my survivors were they slaughtered him like a herd of zombies would do. In addition to the meat of his body, he had a good weapon (PDW) and we could at least start to think about hunting animals without taking the risk of injuries and infections.

However, some colonists were starting to go crazy, living in the blood of the injured for several days, sleeping on the ground, eating at first raw human meat and then processed human meat ... that was too much for some of them that went berzerk. We lost at least 1 colonist of infection due to that kind of mental breakdown, and in the end we had to put one of them in custody due to multiple berzerk episodes.

But the things were starting to go well and hope was back. No more human meat, a project to research hydroponics and develop a sustainable way to eat food (sadly, there were not that much animals to hunt ...), and a living place that was beginning to be nice, thanks to some incredible art pieces that were recovered from the crash.

And then, pirates came. Lots of them. First raid, they only stole us. 2000 pieces of Uranium, and some other stuff. That was a loss for the future. So we prepared the defenses, doubling the walls with hard slate, sandstone, marble.

And at the exact time our researcher finally discovered the secrets of hydroponics came a second raid. Defense was heroic, holding a marble door on one side, a cooler on the other, and ambushing some guys on the main door. Really, it was heroic, they fled like cowards ... but we were hit hard, too hard. 3 people got an infection and died. A huge loss, especially for our main engineer that was the key of the hydroponic project.

When the third and last raid came ... we only had 3 standing survivors to repel them, not counting the 3 cripples that were still alive (2 without legs and 1 without arms if you remember) and the easy-berzerker that was still in custody. We killed some, but ... we were overruned ...

During the last days of the colony, the 2 crippled without legs talked a lot while the prisonner that had not been fed for some time got to sleep for a last time ... without food, wthout hope, they finally died. The crash didn't left any survivors, in the end. Rest in peace !