a moment of silence for my hero

Started by tommonius, July 31, 2016, 10:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommonius

I started a new rimworld colony to try the new version of the game.

I decided to go for a single rich explorer and named him tommonius after myself, imagine to my surprise that the pet he started off with was a yorkshire terrier, I have one in real life, 14 years old and been my companion from the start of adolescence.

I decided to play lawful good to the extreme, answering every call for help when colonists are being hunted by factions even when my base was in dire straights and not defensible, but I managed.

My man was a true defector from dissidence from the glimmer worlds and made a beacon of hope for people hard on their luck, true he was a little greedy having the largest room and a royal bed with marble laid flooring and everyone else had to make do, but all heroes deserve the perks right?

He even married the first ever colonist he saved, a poor stranded woman running for her life from savage pirates, he even gave her his charge rifle as he could not shoot for crap despite his love of guns.

He had a lavish ceremony in a rose filled garden standing on a wedding spot gilded with silver tiles to tie the now, things were good.

The colony survived enraged boomrats, psychic drones, tribal raids, mercenary assault squads, mass electrical storms and massive fires burning crops and oh so much more.

Yet here lies the tragedy, the same Pirate group Tommonius encountered who after hearing nothing from them came back to lay siege, he personally led a sally force with everyone who could hold a gun and his crack kill team of attack timber wolves he trained.

They mostly had grenades and one pistol so I felt I could beat them in a stand up fight at a distance but a freak shot clipped his leg and he could not run away as 4 of the buggers rushed him with grenades and killed my poor hero outright.

Every single pirate was killed, not a single pirate escaped the bloodbath but it was no consolation, my heroic founder was dead and the kicker? my Yorkshire terrier I told to wait in my room for my return and his wife went completely berserk upon his death.

Maybe I could make him a golden mausoleum for Tommonius and have the colony go on in his name after all I named the colony Tommoniusville, but after Bill the Yorky was put down to extreme grief I feel it is time to put this colony to rest and honour it.

Fair thee well Tommonius the founder and Bill the Yorkie, you were a candle of optimism in a sea of evil  :'(