[A14] Edge Technologies (V1.0 updated:14-08-16)

Started by chaotix14, April 10, 2016, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordessa

Made an account just for this, if I install this along with Glitterworld, will this create issues? Because glitterworld has it's own version of titanium that I imagine is not compatible with this titanium.

chaotix14

Quote from: Ordessa on April 21, 2016, 12:51:56 PM
Made an account just for this, if I install this along with Glitterworld, will this create issues? Because glitterworld has it's own version of titanium that I imagine is not compatible with this titanium.

Actually they'll be perfectly compatible, they use the same def names so, depending on which mod you load last the characteristics of the titanium itself are formed. But regardless of the loading order the titanium will be usable in both mods recipes.

Garr1971

chaotix14

Quote from: Garr1971 on April 23, 2016, 05:49:44 AM
Note: start new colony needed

Actually I don't think that's needed. Yes, it throws you an error the first time you load a colony that was made without this mod installed. But if you save and then load the save no error gets thrown.

But just to be certain I'm going to look into what part exactly is throwing the error and why.

Nerve

Ethanol production is extremely inefficient for the work put into it compared to fuel or other types of power generation.  Please consider making it in bulk or reducing work amount.

viperwasp

This is a very good mod for those of you who have not used it. I would love to see a A14. But it looks like the mod developer or at least the person who posts this mod chaotix14 has not posted on Rimworld forum since April, which is not that long but who knows if they have plans to update.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Cabraca

blackysun

i hope some1 takes over this mod or the creator itself updates it .. seems right now the only mod wich gave this choise of getting all resources

RalphFox

Hello all, my first post here;

I.. think i managed to update this mod, although the biocomposter looks too small; i'll check it later;

Here's the gallery showing it working on the latest version:
https://imgur.com/a/fhNLH

I hope the author don't get angry with me haha;

I'll release the updated mod soon(in a day or so), after some more testing (and no objection from the author)..

Edit: a video is worth more than pictures or text..
Sorry for the Shoddy quality/slow-to-load video:
http://recordit.co/HIDWC5efTy
(the video finishes with an cobalt being produced; you can check the game version when i click on menu, the version will be displayed on top left)
Someone: You have no idea what you're doing, do you?
Me: Yeah! isn't that exciting?

Maintaining Officially to v14:
Edge Technologies
Cupro's SOGA

viperwasp

Quote from: RalphFox on July 31, 2016, 01:59:08 AM
Hello all, my first post here;

I.. think i managed to update this mod, although the biocomposter looks too small; i'll check it later;

Here's the gallery showing it working on the latest version:
https://imgur.com/a/fhNLH

I hope the author don't get angry with me haha;

I'll release the updated mod soon(in a day or so), after some more testing (and no objection from the author)..

Edit: a video is worth more than pictures or text..
Sorry for the Shoddy quality/slow-to-load video:
http://recordit.co/HIDWC5efTy
(the video finishes with an cobalt being produced; you can check the game version when i click on menu, the version will be displayed on top left)

licence
This mod is free therefore I require that any derivatives of this mod are free as well.
This mod may be added to any modpack as desired. Derivatives of this mod must contain significant changes and a different name.
If you publish a derivative of this mod or add this to a publicly available modpack attribute the original authors. And I request that you let me know about it.

The license does not mention others taking over the mod if the user were to quit or leave. It does not support or deny it. It does say that you let the developer know if your making a Derivative. So PM him, you already posted in this forum. In my opinion and I'm not a moderator here. The worst that can happen is your told no. Which I don't think the developer has been around recently at all. Or you get no reply at all and one day the developer comes back and at that time he could probably tell you to stop if he wants to.  Which hopefully that would mean that he would continue himself since we obviously love this mod.

So thanks for now I do hope you test it and get it working fine on A14.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

RalphFox

Quote from: viperwasp on July 31, 2016, 04:11:23 AM
The license does not mention others taking over the mod if the user were to quit or leave. It does not support or deny it. It does say that you let the developer know if your making a Derivative. So PM him, you already posted in this forum. In my opinion and I'm not a moderator here. The worst that can happen is your told no. Which I don't think the developer has been around recently at all. Or you get no reply at all and one day the developer comes back and at that time he could probably tell you to stop if he wants to.  Which hopefully that would mean that he would continue himself since we obviously love this mod.

So thanks for now I do hope you test it and get it working fine on A14.

Thanks for the suggestion/info/encouragement!

I've released the mod in a new thread

I've also sent chaotix14 a PM;
Someone: You have no idea what you're doing, do you?
Me: Yeah! isn't that exciting?

Maintaining Officially to v14:
Edge Technologies
Cupro's SOGA

chaotix14

I'm back in action. Actually I've been back in action for a bit(A week or so), to create and test a new version of the mod. Here's a smallish update with some new stuff, a couple of improvements(yes, this includes a rebalance and fix of the biogenerator) and all new CCL integration(now that power hungry monster will chill the F out when you aren't working it, among other things).

Also for those who fear for the fate of RalphFox, don't worry he has been gently assimilated and is working on a way to recognize ores from other mods and add them to the mining complex to be mined. So yeah, good news for everyone, the mod gets a co-author with knowledge of C# and it's not so creative founder is back.

Next on the list of things I am going to work on is probably some method of significantly improving surgery success rates, perhaps some more powerful heating and cooling solutions and maybe that promised high tech power solution.

Etherdreamer

After all that research, and resources done for creating an "robotic mine" it ends not being "robotic" (not automatic) and droping a meh quantity.

Was expecting a bit more because it´s not cheap.

I guest right now we can change the 4 to a bit more, or adding a "bulk" version maybe?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/3/3a/Canoptekspyder10.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150219223033

chaotix14

Quote from: Etherdreamer on August 14, 2016, 06:22:43 AM
After all that research, and resources done for creating an "robotic mine" it ends not being "robotic" (not automatic) and droping a meh quantity.

Was expecting a bit more because it´s not cheap.

I guest right now we can change the 4 to a bit more, or adding a "bulk" version maybe?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/3/3a/Canoptekspyder10.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150219223033

Well it is robotic(robotic =/= automatic), very robotic in fact, since there's an army(well more a company) of mining robots underground doing the hard work. The colonist is merely overseeing the dig preventing the robots from trying to mine each other or creating a sinkhole right under your colony, that kind of stuff(they aren't exactly smart robots).
Also there are a few good reasons why I made it work the way it does, the only way without C#(CCL might have a way which might result in something I'd call satisfactory) I would be able to make a fully automatic mine is by making a separate mine for every ore(which is a load of cluttering to have in the usually already overflowing production tab) and to have it spew out ore in a similar fashion as the insect hives(which I personally really don't like, because I like to keep my storage managed).

I'm assuming with 'the 4' you either mean the uranium yield or the jade yield. Which yes, is quite a bit on the low side compared to the others. But I'm not exactly planning to fix that right now, as I'm planning to change the system in a more drastic manner rather soon anyways(balancing and reworking old systems is always on the to do next list for me, even if I don't explicitly state so). By either making the speed determined by the mining skill(as suggested in the Other thread) or by using CCL to make it a more automated factory.