[1.5-1.0] Tech Advancing (1.9.10)

Started by GHXX, July 31, 2016, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GHXX

Looks like a bug, ill look into fixing it when i got time. Im quite busy right now. Sorry!

Jdalt40

Hey GHXX, strangely every time I load up my save, the mod settings for your mod resets. Just letting you know :)

Beathrus

Quick question, anyway you can make it where the World Map icon changes based on your tech level? I hit transcendent and my Map Icon is still a tribal tent. ;o;

GHXX

I have no idea if thats doable easily, without creating any new incompatibilities. I, personally, don't think that that is a big problem, I would rather focus on extending functionality. Also, isn't the tent a good way to show that you started as tribe and made it up to transcendent?

Beathrus

Quote from: GHXX on January 12, 2017, 04:15:42 PM
I have no idea if thats doable easily, without creating any new incompatibilities. I, personally, don't think that that is a big problem, I would rather focus on extending functionality. Also, isn't the tent a good way to show that you started as tribe and made it up to transcendent?

Yeah, True :/ Mainly I just wanted a shiny new Icon on the map. Because I keep losing my home base because of the other tribe ones around me.

Hayhorse

You do know that Rimworld cant read .zip files right? The version you uploaded is just a zip. folder with the Def, Assemblies and About folder.

GHXX

Do you know that you have to unpack this mod like any other mod? because browsers don't support downloading folders?

Hayhorse

Yes I do, viewing the zip file and extracting it via winrar yields nothing but the three internal folders, no folder to hold the mod.

It should be: (Zipped folder) > (Mod Folder) > (Defs, About, Assemblies)

Not : (Zipped Folder) > (Defs, About, Assemblies)

Edit: This is because Rimworld cannot read .zip or .rar folders, it should be the first path I listed because, when extracting a zip folder, it should pull out a folder containing the other folders, not the individual folders.

GHXX

you can do unpack to ******

thats because if the folder was included then some people would mess up the folder path because they have the 3 folders in the TA-Folder in the TA-Folder in the RW-Mods folder, and they wouldnt notice it....

BTAxis

I like your mod, but could you move the configuration stuff into the Mod Settings instead of adding a tab to the main game UI? It would be much tidier.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

GHXX

What "Mod Settings" are you talking about?
If its added by Hugs Lib then it will be a "No" for now because there isn't a way to do it thats not overly complicated. The way i worked out would include some renaming of files, requiring a second mod-restart after disabling / enabling Techadvancing or HugsLib and i would need two .dll files instead of one.
This might change in the future when HugsLib's functionality gets improved. Sorry.

IvanRid

Would I still get the mod functionality by removing "MainTabDef" folder?
I`m okay with default settings, but do not want an extra button (which would never be used by me) to clutter UI.

edit: also may be add an Letter event notification when Tech level advances?
edit2: oh, nvm, theres already a notification letter.
And looks like it works just fine without adjustable config.
Great stuff, thanks a lot.

GHXX

Quote from: IvanRid on January 26, 2017, 10:06:49 AM
Would I still get the mod functionality by removing "MainTabDef" folder?
I`m okay with default settings, but do not want an extra button (which would never be used by me) to clutter UI.

edit: also may be add an Letter event notification when Tech level advances?
edit2: oh, nvm, theres already a notification letter.
And looks like it works just fine without adjustable config.
Great stuff, thanks a lot.

Sorry for the late reply:
There are no issues if you remove the Folder, but its advised to change the extension of the xml file that it contains to something like .disabled.
and yeah, a letter is in there already.

GHXX

It's Update-Time! Hooray!
There were a few reports/requests which lead to a need for a manual base-techlevel-selection. Thats added now.
The default techlevel-selection is called "Autodetect" which reads the techlevel from the savefile, like before.
I re-updated from A15 and hopefully eliminated most of the MapComponent issues.
If there are any issues, let me know.

BTAxis

Quote from: GHXX on January 18, 2017, 04:53:51 PM
If its added by Hugs Lib then it will be a "No" for now because there isn't a way to do it thats not overly complicated.

Okay, that's fair. I can understand not wanting to rely on a library if you don't really have to.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"