[1.5-1.0] Tech Advancing (1.9.10)

Started by GHXX, July 31, 2016, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GHXX

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on April 13, 2017, 06:42:40 AM
Would it be possible for you to move the mod from the main tabs location to the "mod settings" button from Hugs Lib? My UI is pretty cluttered with tabs, and your mod is one that doesn't need constant adjustment.
As i have said before, i wont use Hugs Lib, its just another dependency, like CCL back in the day. The thing is that using hugslib in my case would be quite complex and annoying for the end user.
But i just finished working on including "Harmony", which is much better in my case.

So: the usual super-easy to read blue text:

Because lots of people were begging for it:
The config button now is a thing of the past!
Thanks to "Harmony" (made by Andreas Pardeike aka Brrainz) i was able to move a button into the research screen
which allows you to open the config screen!

How to:

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: GHXX on April 14, 2017, 11:10:33 AM
The config button now is a thing of the past!
Thanks to "Harmony" (made by Andreas Pardeike aka Brrainz) i was able to move a button into the research screen
which allows you to open the config screen!

Awesome! I appreciate your work

duduluu

Hi, GHXX!
My team has translated your mod into Chinese.
Is there a GitHub repo of your mod, so that we could sent the language files to you.
Thanks!
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

GHXX

duduluu

Thanks! The translations have been sent to you via email.
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

GHXX

Thank you for the translations that are added to the mod now!

GHXX

Update!
Due to "ResearchPal" removing the vanilla researchtab you could not open the config menu anymore.
That is the reason why you can now also open it in the modoptions menu.
The button on the research screen still exists and can be used.

AngleWyrm

Color Coordination, a pdf ebook on the use of color

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Ramsis

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 16, 2017, 07:48:20 PM
Color Coordination, a pdf ebook on the use of color

Maybe I'm losing my touch but this comes off as a bit rude; care to explain Angle.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

AngleWyrm

Your touch is fine; sorry, the lack of information was a rudeness on my part.

The color swatch of text on the left (flipped to avoid tendency to read content) displays the blue-on-black that I'm seeing through my browser. I suspect a very similar experience across the range of all browsers, though I'm not willing to expend the cost of that experiment.

The ebook attached to my last post describes in some detail color wheels that work well together.

Here's an example of three of the nine color wheels presented in that article:

GHXX

Update!
Someone asked for an option where you need to have non-tribal people in your colony/tribe so that your techlevel can go beyond medieval.
Thats added now.
Chinese translation will be updated in the next few days.

AngleWyrm

The previous several posts doomed him to post in a difficult to read color.

Which of them stole his ability to choose?

GHXX

Would you mind leaving this thread alone? Thanks for trying to help, but it doesnt look like its working out for anyone.

GHXX

Fixes!
Looks like there was a mistake in the English and Chinese translation. The English one is fixed now. Chinese will follow soon-ish.

Spiders Everywhere

Is it possible to make it so you can configure the percentage of techs you need to research to get to the next tech level? I play tribal and use a lot of mods, and a lot of mod authors like to add techs to unlock every little thing, which can really add up in terms of research time. If I could set it to go up a tech level when I've researched, say, 90% of the current tech level's projects, I could leave a few "500 research points for fancy hats" techs for later. As it stands I've actually abandoned mods I otherwise liked for adding too much low-tech research.