[1.5-1.0] Tech Advancing (1.9.10)

Started by GHXX, July 31, 2016, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Could you please add another option that the tech level advances when 75% of the current techs are researched? Or alternatively make Option B configurable via the mods menu?

While Option A is too much with many mods active that add their own researches, I'd still like to research more than only 50% before the level advances. Something in between would be perfect.

GHXX

I currently dont have the time to work on this mod. Its code is on github so anyone could work on it really.

Sorry!

GHXX

Soooo, finally some good news. I was able to use a few hours to work on this. It should all work again, but there might be bugs. Play with it a little and let me know how it works out for you. If you find any bugs let me know. There will be a lot of log output ('[Information]') but you can ignore it. Same goes for the debug warning in the beginning.

This version is NOT on Steam. Thats because there are some people that get super angry when something doesn't work for sure. Blame it on them.
I will put it onto Steam once its stable and tested enough.

Enjoy!

Kori

Was there something that wasn't working? :o
What are the changes, so I know on what I should keep an eye?

GHXX

Quote from: Kori on November 15, 2017, 06:13:09 AM
Was there something that wasn't working? :o
What are the changes, so I know on what I should keep an eye?
There were a few bug reports on Steam and the code was very messy. No rewrite since A14.
As for the changes: pretty much everything changed code-wise. The functionality should just be as good as in the last version(minus the bugs).

Update!
I uploaded a new version to Steam and to the forum with some more fixes. If you find anything else, let me know. Fastest way would be opening an issue on Github. Anything else works too.
Just make sure to add steps to reproduce it, and or some sort of error. Saying 'Hey it doesn't work' doesn't help :)

And the mod is now officially called 'Tech Advancing'. Those extra 4 or 5 letters made it way too long.

Kori

Great, thanks! When you are currently working on the mod, would you please consider the 75% option, or alternatively one that is adjustable?  :D
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22598.msg371285#msg371285

GHXX

Quote from: Kori on November 16, 2017, 06:10:50 AM
Great, thanks! When you are currently working on the mod, would you please consider the 75% option, or alternatively one that is adjustable?  :D
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=22598.msg371285#msg371285

I might add that to the full A18 release ;) Open an issue on github if you want, so its all saved.

Update!
So, here we go again: A pre-release for A18 is out. There will probably be some bugs.
If you find any let me know on github. And post your logs / errors!

Have fun!

Kori

GHXX

Quote from: Kori on November 21, 2017, 06:54:21 AM
Quote from: GHXX on November 19, 2017, 11:00:11 AM
I might add that to the full A18 release ;)

Thank you very much! :)

Update!
Thanks to LunaticNeko's slider suggestion (on Steam) there now is a slider for adjusting the percentage used for the percentage based rule (RuleB).

frenchiveruti

Hello, The zip file you provided isn't very compliant of the format mods come by.
You should place a folder inside the zip file you give to download, with the Name of the mod, and then inside the folders that make the mod work.
In this case you provided 4 folders, 2 of which have different names (Languages and languages) where the uppercasing in linux breaks things badly.
Could you please fix this?
Thanks
(To be clear:
Techadvancing.zip:
>Techadvancing/
>>About
>>Assemblies
>>Languages
)

(Note: I attached the latest commit in github of the mod, feel free to use that one!)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

GHXX

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 12, 2017, 03:36:32 PM
Hello, The zip file you provided isn't very compliant of the format mods come by.
You should place a folder inside the zip file you give to download, with the Name of the mod, and then inside the folders that make the mod work.
In this case you provided 4 folders, 2 of which have different names (Languages and languages) where the uppercasing in linux breaks things badly.
Could you please fix this?
Thanks
(To be clear:
Techadvancing.zip:
>Techadvancing/
>>About
>>Assemblies
>>Languages
)

(Note: I attached the latest commit in github of the mod, feel free to use that one!)

Ill look into the lowercase issue, not sure about the folder steucture. in my opinion doing it this way gets rid of issues because you wont end up having [TechAdvancing]/[TechAdvancing]/About,etc.

sevrun

I am adoring this mod on my latest playthrough.  The ability to advance tech tiers makes absolute sense, and you sir, are awesome!

Canute

frenchiveruti,
i don't see any problem with the zip-file structre, anything is fine.
This is for the Dropbox link.

BUT if you get the master from Github, then you are doomed ! :-)
GHXX, didn't use github like all these other modders do, but he didn't told you to get the release from there, he point to the dropbox link.
But even at the github folder "TechAdvancing    newest build " all looks fine, it isn't just easy to install for simple gamer like the dropbox archive.

GHXX, maybe add the B18 zip to the release of github too, then you got a backup once B19 comes.

frenchiveruti

Yeah he isn't following a very streamlined way for Github releases.
Hey @GHXX , maybe add ModSync to your mod so I can know when you add or update stuff? It would be cool!
Other than that, thanks, I really have no idea what's the "way it should be" on the zip file. I just know that it decompressed like 3 slightly different named folders in my Linux installation.  :P

GHXX

Quote from: Canute on December 13, 2017, 04:22:49 AM
frenchiveruti,
i don't see any problem with the zip-file structre, anything is fine.
This is for the Dropbox link.

BUT if you get the master from Github, then you are doomed ! :-)
GHXX, didn't use github like all these other modders do, but he didn't told you to get the release from there, he point to the dropbox link.
But even at the github folder "TechAdvancing    newest build " all looks fine, it isn't just easy to install for simple gamer like the dropbox archive.

GHXX, maybe add the B18 zip to the release of github too, then you got a backup once B19 comes.

I use the releases for providing easy access to older versions. You should be able to get the version from github from master too since that gets copied into my game when i compile it. Thats the very same thing thats on dropbox.

@frenchiveruti ,you could use the steam version if you got the game on steam. But i might look into it. And if you are worried about it you can grab it from Github or make a script to rename it for you.