[1.5-1.0] Tech Advancing (1.9.10)

Started by GHXX, July 31, 2016, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenchiveruti

Steam Sadly hates my Linux OS. ha...
May I ask why don't you use github for the releases? I mean, It's easier and also allows direct links for the user.
I did that what you suggested, I just did a svn of the folder of the mod and simply placed it in my mods folder so no issues.
Thanks, the mod works great.

Zalpha

I am new to this game and don't understand what this mod does. Why would I want to use it? I tried it out and all the research seems to be there and I advanced to industrial age right at the start of my new landing. I was playing with the 1st default Story Teller - 3 people crash land. It might of been because of a mod conflict.

Anyway what does this mod do?
Why should I use it?
(I am using it regadless of knowing why becuase I think it slows down game progression?).

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Zalpha on December 14, 2017, 06:25:54 PM
I am new to this game and don't understand what this mod does. Why would I want to use it? I tried it out and all the research seems to be there and I advanced to industrial age right at the start of my new landing. I was playing with the 1st default Story Teller - 3 people crash land. It might of been because of a mod conflict.

Why should I use it?
(I am using it regadless of knowing why becuase I think it slows down game progression?).

It actually will speed up game progression, when you research, on "vainilla" rimworld you have a "Research level" that's the same for the entire game, so lets say you are in a normal game, your research level will be "industrial" for the enitre game, no matter how many "super advanced" tech you research you'll always have a penalty of 50% speed for "spacer" research.
What this mod does is "tier" the research levels, so if you start as a tribe, and you research all the "tribe level" research, you will "advance" into the next level. And so on.

GHXX

Quote from: Zalpha on December 14, 2017, 06:25:54 PM

Why should I use it?

When playing as a colony (industrial base level) then not having this mod isnt too bad, but when playing as a tribe the research cost multiplier becomes astronomical (some exaggeration there, but its much bigger), so researching gets very slow. Especially when installing mods that add more research projects. Thats when this mod comes in handy.

As for the conflicts: in the current release there are no confirmed issues thus far.

Zalpha

Thanks for taking the time to explain it too me. I understand now, this great for tribes, yeah I have a ton of reseach added thanks to mods so this will help out a ton.

Federama

Can i see my current tech level?? btw im using TechAdvasing wich moddify the gui, so i dont know if tech level is displayed at research tab..

GHXX

Just click on any research project. It will tell you your techlevel and the projects techlevel on the left side. (In the vanilla research tree gui)

Zaxmyss

I noticed when I start my tribe the tech level was set to neolithic and then it changed to undefined after few hours in game. Was it because of a conflict with another mod or was I just doing something wrong?

GHXX

It can never go below your base techlevel, so it might be a conflict. Could you please check what the base techlevel is set to? (in the config screen)

It will most likely be set to autodetect and some other mod might tinker with it when it loads, which alters the base techlevel. Just set the base level manually and you will be fine :) (set it to tribe / neolithic in your case).

If your mod list is fairly small (less than 20) please let me know which you are actively using.(maybe use pastebin) Thanks!

Zaxmyss

With autodetect, it is set to (tribe): undefined. I have around 160 active mods. I'll try to narrow them down to see which one is the culprit. The one that cause conflict should be that add research or alter techlevel right?

GHXX

You could try to move my mod at the very end of the list, that should make it 'win' when it comes to modifying a certain code area. If thats the issue then Ill release a fix for that, even though i thought nobody else would modify it.

Adding research isnt a problem because thats done without editing what i am editing when the game runs. It has to be some mod that modifies the techlevel of your colony/tribe.

TL;DR Please try moving it to the bottom of the list, and please try to narrow it down. Thanks :)

Zaxmyss

I have tried starting a new tribe with only 4 mods, Mod E, Core, ModSwitch and Tech Advancing in that order. But the base techlevel is undefined. Is this a normal behavior? But the Condition A and B shows neolithic.

notfood

I'm getting this error sometimes when I start new maps using Hugslib, makes testing troublesome.

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at TechAdvancing._ResearchManager.RecalculateTechlevel (bool) <0x0008e>
at TechAdvancing.Event.OnKill (Verse.Pawn) <0x00110>
at TechAdvancing.TA_OnKill_Event.Postfix (Verse.Pawn,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x00018>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.Kill_Patch2 (object,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x0266e>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.CheckForStateChange_Patch1 (object,System.Nullable`1<Verse.DamageInfo>,Verse.Hediff) <0x000e2>
at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.Notify_HediffChanged (Verse.Hediff) <0x000bb>
at Verse.Hediff.set_Severity (single) <0x00153>
at Verse.HediffGiver_Birthday.SimulateSeverityChange (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Hediff,single,bool) <0x0011f>
at Verse.HediffGiver_Birthday.TryApplyAndSimulateSeverityChange (Verse.Pawn,single,bool) <0x00261>
at RimWorld.AgeInjuryUtility.GenerateRandomOldAgeInjuries (Verse.Pawn,bool) <0x00825>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateInitialHediffs_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00035>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.TryGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&,string&,bool) <0x0070c>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest&) <0x001e5>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawnInternal (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x00a80>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn_Patch1 (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest) <0x000b9>
at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (Verse.PawnKindDef,RimWorld.Faction) <0x0020b>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Faction.GenerateNewLeader_Patch2 (object) <0x00232>
at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction (RimWorld.FactionDef) <0x00376>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FactionGenerator.GenerateFactionsIntoWorld_Patch2 () <0x0009f>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenStep_Factions.GenerateFresh (string) <0x00048>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld_Patch2 (single,string,RimWorld.Planet.OverallRainfall,RimWorld.Planet.OverallTemperature) <0x00276>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root_Play.SetupForQuickTestPlay_Patch0 () <0x001c1>
at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__1 () <0x00022>
at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action) <0x0002b>

GHXX

Quote from: notfood on December 31, 2017, 07:16:05 PM
I'm getting this error sometimes when I start new maps using Hugslib, makes testing troublesome.
Thanks again for your help!

Quote from: Zaxmyss on December 31, 2017, 09:55:38 AM
I have tried starting a new tribe with only 4 mods, Mod E, Core, ModSwitch and Tech Advancing in that order. But the base techlevel is undefined. Is this a normal behavior? But the Condition A and B shows neolithic.
Tracked it down and fixed it. Thanks!

Update
Fixed two bugs, one of them was quite serious. I wish you all a happy new year along with this update! :)

Zaxmyss

It work perfectly now. Cheers and Happy New Year!!  ;D