[1.5-1.0] Tech Advancing (1.9.10)

Started by GHXX, July 31, 2016, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accountssuck

So, uh, can someone upload the a16 version?
And what kind of brain damage causes modders to take down their old versions?
It's not like RimWorld is free software that we can just upgrade through our package manager or git scripts whenever a new version is released.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: accountssuck on January 06, 2018, 07:25:43 AM
So, uh, can someone upload the a16 version?
And what kind of brain damage causes modders to take down their old versions?
It's not like RimWorld is free software that we can just upgrade through our package manager or git scripts whenever a new version is released.

You could try to show a bit more respect for something they are doing for free for you. If they are attachments on here, they get auto deleted after x amount of time. If I was the mod author and you called me brain damaged, I would definitely not upload the A16 version just for you, but I would have been more than happy to otherwise if you had just been polite.

Old versions are available in the 'releases' section on github: ->Click me<- (A17+)
For even older versions (A14-A16 contact me)
Maybe you could read the OP next time. So go ahead, ask the "brain damaged" modder GHXX for the A16 version, smart guy.

Wrathverse

This seems awesome, i always wondered why this doesn't work in the game by default. Most likely not implemented yet, as the game is in beta.

By the way, its "[B18]" since the game advanced to Beta from "A17". Its confusing as the game version should be Beta 1, not Beta 18 after Alpha 17. But hey, i'm not the dev.

GHXX

Quote from: accountssuck on January 06, 2018, 07:25:43 AM
[...] And what kind of brain damage causes modders to take down their old [...]
To me you sound like that kind of people that dont seem to appreciate anything we (the modders) do. Cant be that hard to write some shitty code, eh? As the following user mentioned: Friendlyness is (the) key.
And one reason for me to take down old releases is that only none out of the 100 thousand people that read this thread requested an old version thus far. Keeping them all on the page is a waste, just like writing this long reply to you. :/

Quote from: Wrathverse on January 06, 2018, 07:51:33 AM
This seems awesome, i always wondered why this doesn't work in the game by default. Most likely not implemented yet, as the game is in beta.

By the way, its "[B18]" since the game advanced to Beta from "A17". Its confusing as the game version should be Beta 1, not Beta 18 after Alpha 17. But hey, i'm not the dev.

I didn't notice it was B18. Thanks for letting me know. Tynan (the main dev) probably continues the number so that versioning becomes more consistant. The last version number was 17 and now its 18. If it started again from 1 then they would overlap soon.

And I am glad you like my mod! :)

TerrorBite

YESSSSS THANK YOU!!!!

hmm i got +70 mods but i just made an account cos of this mod...

GHXX

Quote from: TerrorBite on January 13, 2018, 04:03:15 AM
YESSSSS THANK YOU!!!!

hmm i got +70 mods but i just made an account cos of this mod...

Thats awesome!

MMAciek

Stand among the millions of dead souls and ask them if they honor means something. Silence will be your answer.

Razzoriel

Is it possible to create tech levels?

GHXX

Quote from: Razzoriel on January 29, 2018, 09:25:13 AM
Is it possible to create tech levels?
Not easily. They are hardcoded into the games code (c#). It would take some effort to edit them. Editing them could cause further issues down the line (compatibility)

Quote from: MMAciek on January 29, 2018, 06:42:34 AM
Polish language updated to B18: https://www.nexusmods.com/rimworld/mods/192

Please add it on github. This way people can download it all in one:
Open a pull-request and add the files. Or ask me to do it please.
https://github.com/RimWorldMod/Tech-Advancing/pulls

MMAciek

QuoteOr ask me to do it please.

Okey, do it. :P

Stand among the millions of dead souls and ask them if they honor means something. Silence will be your answer.

GHXX

Quote from: MMAciek on January 29, 2018, 12:06:18 PM
QuoteOr ask me to do it please.

Okey, do it. :P
Pushed it to Steam just now. Thanks again!

frokes

Hi!
I have found a bit of a hickup with this mod. Might be some kind of conflict with some other mod but whenever rimworld saves, tech advancing gets hung up on "Read TA_ExposePeople" and retries every other second causing a major interupt. I noticed that this does not occure if I tell the mod what starting senario my colony originates from (tribe, stranded, etc. ).

I hope this helps crush some more bugs :)

EDIT: Same problem occures just minutes after the "fix"... debug log attached

[attachment deleted due to age]

GHXX

Hey, frokes, thanks for the report, i will look into that issue.

Could you please send me the list of mods that you were using when this happened?
Also, does it only happen when rimworld saves?
In that case, does it also happen when saving manually?

frokes

Yes it does indeed always happen at the same time as rimworld autosaves. I cannot tell if that is the case for manual saving, I'm playing on a permadeath map. A mod list is attached.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

frokes,
for the future. Did you recognize these green button "Share logs" these give a combined report of Modlist and error log into a link to share.
Less pics for you to made next time.