[1.5-1.0] Tech Advancing (1.9.10)

Started by GHXX, July 31, 2016, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWrongColonist

Quote from: GHXX on January 02, 2019, 04:18:54 PM
Pushed another update which fixes a bug that multiplies research costs by x128 and possibly even more.
Are you also updating the direct download from Dropbox?

GHXX

Quaaaid

Hi GHXX, quick question: I am using the Hardcore SK pack that adds a bunch of new factions to the game, and I was wondering how easy it would be to edit the mod to have a new checkbox where you need a pawn of one of the spacer+ factions in your colony to be able to research spacer techs? Was wondering if the check is based off of the race of the pawn or the tech level of the faction they were originally with, as one of the new factions in HardcoreSK is Asari, but a few of the others are human. Thanks :) EDIT: Didn't make it clear, i'm willing to make this edit myself if possible :)

GHXX

@Quaaid The existing medieval to industrial+ transition check is based on the faction of the person that joined your colony, so that modders got a choice.
I wasnt planning on locking researches, but it could be interesting to require colonists with the techlevel to research any techs of techlevel X or below - that could be a new difficult increase which some people would definitely enjoy.

I dont have much time right now, but if you want to check out the code, its on github. https://github.com/RimWorldMod/Tech-Advancing
feel free to fork it, play with it and then make a pull-request when you are happy with the result. But please keep in mind that it should be kept simple-ish so its easy to grasp what every setting does.

togfox

Anyone tried this with the mulitplayer mod?

About to start a medieval co-op game and would love for this to work. Cheers.

Amanore

Hey, I want to know if I can try to do a french translation of your mod  :) Answer me if you want I do, or not.

GHXX

Quote from: Kg, ça pèse on April 05, 2019, 03:26:06 PM
Hey, I want to know if I can try to do a french translation of your mod  :) Answer me if you want I do, or not.
Yes, that would be great, could you add the translation as a pullrequest on the github repo?
https://github.com/RimWorldMod/Tech-Advancing

Amanore

Quote from: GHXX on April 05, 2019, 03:39:36 PM
Yes, that would be great, could you add the translation as a pullrequest on the github repo?
I will be honest, I didn't really understand how to do :/

GHXX

Quote from: Kg, ça pèse on April 07, 2019, 01:40:38 PM

Can i add you as a Steam friend?

Amanore

Quote from: GHXX on April 07, 2019, 01:43:28 PM
Quote from: Kg, ça pèse on April 07, 2019, 01:40:38 PM

Can i add you as a Steam friend?

Yes sure my steam name is kg_ca_pese. But maybe it will be easier just to send an email, because I have never paid anything on steam, so I didn't spend the 5$ to be able to add friends :-\

kaptain_kavern

Exceptionaly in french :
"Kg, ça pèse" si jamais je peux t'aider ou à communiquer avec GHXX ou pour faire le "pull-request" sur Github. N'hésites pas l'ami. Peace

Translation :
"Kg, ça pèse" if I can help you out to better communicate with GHXX or do the pull-request on Github, do not hesitate to contact me.

Amanore

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on April 08, 2019, 08:06:15 AM
Exceptionaly in french :
"Kg, ça pèse" si jamais je peux t'aider ou à communiquer avec GHXX ou pour faire le "pull-request" sur Github. N'hésites pas l'ami. Peace

Translation :
"Kg, ça pèse" if I can help you out to better communicate with GHXX or do the pull-request on Github, do not hesitate to contact me.

Yes, it can be very cool and helpful ;)

GHXX

Translation is added to github, thanks again, @Kg, ça pèse.

I'll publish a new build tomorrow.

Edit: Just pushed the new build.

GHXX

Multiplayer support is now added!

Bradley_

So i've been playing with this mod for a while, and only now noticed, that the mod works fine when tech advancing from tribal. You get increased costs on higher tech levels, until you research your current level, and so on. However, when i get to industrial level (or if i have it at the start), ALL costs are x1. I mean, i don't have the increase on spacer technologies,
and i don't have those costs reduce, when industrial technologies are all complete. Same with ultra techs. I don't believe this is intended behavior, but even if it is, is it optional somehow?