[1.5-1.0] Tech Advancing (1.9.10)

Started by GHXX, July 31, 2016, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GHXX

Thank you for reporting the bug. It's fixed now (along with a config-saving-issue).  :)

GHXX

New update, which overhauls some stuff and adds the ability to block researches that are more advanced than your techlevel.

GHXX

Pushed a hotfix for ResearchPal interaction

GHXX

Rolled back the blocking research feature as it was causing issues with multiple mods because of different issues on their side.

GHXX

Quote from: GHXX on January 23, 2020, 05:49:32 PM
Rolled back the blocking research feature as it was causing issues with multiple mods because of different issues on their side.

Its re-implemented now in a similar fashion, but better!

GHXX

A slider for custom research cost scaling is in now, along with a slider to configure the setting that was added in the last update.

GHXX

Released a new version which should support 1.1 via multi versioning. If that doesnt work, please let me know!

GHXX

As explained in the Steam comment section, i removed the multi versioning support because RW1.1 suddenly seems to load the TechAdvancing assembly which was designed to be used with RW1.0 which, as you might think, breaks everything.

Old versions (including 1.0) are available on the github page here: https://github.com/RimWorldMod/Tech-Advancing/releases

CEPMatos

Can't open mod settings on 1.1, it's apparently bugged.

lordmatiz

Just like CEPMatos said - something is broken. Doesn't work alone nor with libraries.

GHXX

Working on a fix for that, but it seems it only happens on new worlds. Saving and reloading fixes it for now ;)

Edit: seems like i fixed the issue. Expect a fix soon. (A beta version is available on discord: https://discord.gg/NpVQ6xN )
Edit2: fix is pushed

GHXX

Techadvancing supports 1.0 and 1.1 now!

GHXX

Blackraven6

Hi! First of all I want to thank you for a great feature. I think the importance of this mod existance is kinda underestimated.
Don't want to bother you, but will it be hard to add an alternative rule for a tech advancing via completing the, lets say, "core" researches? I like the idea of having advancement after completing all of the previous researches, but it's a bit funky for me, that to enter a spacer "age" I need to, for example, complete Psychite tea research I've abandoned long time ago or a Piano/Royal clothes. And I'm a bit frustrated by little mods, that don't have their own tech trees thus prolonging the list of techs I need to finish to get 100%. It would be cool to have like a customizable list of tech that are needed to be researched to finish their respective tech tiers. Something similar to Don't steal my walls and Minimize everything options. It would be highly adaptable to anybody's needs. Is it possible?

GHXX

I get what you mean, but i think it would be pretty annoying to make a list of researches which would bring you to Spacer or Industrial for example. There is the scenario feature that lets you unlock researches from the start and not many people use it from what i know.

There is however a good alternative in my opinion:
In the settings menu there is a new-ish feature that lets you tell techadvancing to ignore researches that are not on the main research tree. That combined with rule B should be similar to what you are looking for.

Let me know what you think :)