[Moved][A15] BaconBits' Minor Mods (09/01/16)

Started by BaconBits, August 01, 2016, 01:08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaconBits

Quote from: Grogfeld on August 04, 2016, 07:56:15 AM
Hi. this is a really interesting mod. It's strange that no one before has created fireplace :D I really like it, now I can make a big tavern for my guests. Thanks.

EDIT: When I looked at textures, they are fine, but next to a wall it's somehow weird looking.

Maybe something like this. (sorry I'm not an art guy) Now you can make Christmas theme with socks , and candy hanging on it, or vanilla theme with mushrooms and meat that are drying... which brings me to another point, a recipe for dried food. ;)

I agree that the textures are off somehow. I am currently working on them.
I did have cooking at the fireplace at one time. For some reason not all of the recipies worked so I took them out. I will be looking at adding them back in soon.
As far as the the whole Chritmas thing, that would be nice to have. I'll play around with it.

Quote from: Degraine on August 04, 2016, 08:38:22 AM
Well that's getting downloaded.

Can't believe no-one ever thought of this before. Can we get a joy activity for colonists sitting on furniture in front of it, ala the TVs? (Would probably be meditative rather than passive type though.)

I do remember seeing a [WIP] mod back around Alpha 9 i think, but nothing since then.
I forgot to put that in. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote from: Serenity on August 04, 2016, 10:08:10 AM
Could also be extra enjoyable for pyromaniacs

That's sounds interesting. I'll have to look into that.

I should have an update that includes the reworked textures and added joy, sometime later today.
Thanks for all the feedback.

Serenity

By the way, does this need to be fueled with wood?

ruzackovich

finally some heater. make my tribalism become perfect . awesome mod, anything ideas who is not use electricity ?

BaconBits

Updated to  V1.10a - See Change Log

Quote from: Serenity on August 04, 2016, 06:09:19 PM
By the way, does this need to be fueled with wood?

Yes, for now they are only wood fuled. Not electric yet.

BaconBits

I can't decide if I want to add Electric Fireplaces or not, so, I add a poll.
Tell me what your thoughts are on the matter.

kaptain_kavern

Hey nice to see this one growing. Keep up the good job !

I want to help a bit :

Quote from: from OPThings to do:
Possibly out of other materials
You just have to use a <stuffCategories> tag

<stuffCategories>
  <li>Metallic</li>
  <li>Woody</li>
  <li>Stony</li>
</stuffCategories>

in your <ThingDef> in the file Fireplaces.xml.

You can look at the code for doors in \Core\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Structure.xml

Quote from: BaconBitsI did have cooking at the fireplace at one time. For some reason not all of the recipies worked so I took them out. I will be looking at adding them back in soon.

In theory all you have to do is link the recipes to your buildings via the building's code itself (like for the campfire in \Core\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings\Buildings_Temperature.xml). Like that :

<recipes>
  <li>CookMealSimpleCampfire</li>
  <li>MakePemmicanCampfire</li>
</recipes>

You just have to be sure to add them all (look the files in Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Food.xml and Recipes_Meals.xml i guess)

picatso

I noticed that the resource cost for small and medium fireplace is the same, is it intentional?

BaconBits

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 07, 2016, 02:44:21 AM
Hey nice to see this one growing. Keep up the good job !

I want to help a bit 

Thanks for the help. in the next update, I put cooking back in and fireplaces can be made of other stuff.  The problem I'm having is that my pawns will not prioritze cooking and I can not right click to make them. 

Quote from: picatso on August 07, 2016, 01:29:03 PM
I noticed that the resource cost for small and medium fireplace is the same, is it intentional?

No it wasn't lol. That issue is fixed in the next update.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: BaconBits on August 07, 2016, 08:00:14 PM
The problem I'm having is that my pawns will not prioritze cooking and I can not right click to make them.   

It's because of a lack of workgivers definition. (i will come back to edit this with proper indication)

Here the Defs/WorkGiverDefs/WorkGivers.xml in Marijuana mod (but you can look in your Core folder for examples, it's just because this one is shorter as it only concern the only modded bench in the mod) - link to the file

It's where you define which building (<fixedBillGiverDefs>) use which working skills (<workType>) and it's priority (<priorityInType>).
The <requiredCapacities> is to specify what capacity this job use for like when a colonist can't do manual jobs or intellectual ones

BaconBits

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 07, 2016, 08:42:44 PM
Quote from: BaconBits on August 07, 2016, 08:00:14 PM
The problem I'm having is that my pawns will not prioritze cooking and I can not right click to make them.   

It's because of a lack of workgivers definition. (i will come back to edit this with proper indication)

Yeah, I have a WorkGiverDef. I think there is a conflict with the the fireplace being a joy object. I'm testing now.

Serenity

How much heat this give off? I've noticed that I still need my electrical heater to keep my dining/entertainment room at around 20°C. It's pretty large, but I thought the fireplace could replace the heater. I haven't done a lot of testing though and it's currently end of summer in my game. I will try again next winter.

BaconBits

Quote from: Serenity on August 09, 2016, 01:38:03 AM
How much heat this give off? I've noticed that I still need my electrical heater to keep my dining/entertainment room at around 20°C. It's pretty large, but I thought the fireplace could replace the heater. I haven't done a lot of testing though and it's currently end of summer in my game. I will try again next winter.

They should put out more heat now. In the right sized room, they should keep it around 70F.

ruzackovich

Wood fuels very useful if using map with tree available . but it's useless if playing in tundra map. where the trees is nothing availability. can you put both version in 1 mod ?

BaconBits

Quote from: ruzackovich on August 09, 2016, 07:08:34 AM
Wood fuels very useful if using map with tree available . but it's useless if playing in tundra map. where the trees is nothing availability. can you put both version in 1 mod ?

I'm currently working on it. Be up soon.