no
0 (0%)
yes... with alterations
2 (28.6%)
undecided?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

tommonius

I am actually surprised this is not in game already as a way to subdue rioting colonists that have had a mental break of subdue enemies.

Could it be possible to get weapons like tasers and capture nets in game to take people quietly other than hope you don't shoot/ beat/ stab them to death?

This idea came to me when I opened up an event area and found cyro pods that had 5 injured colonist space marines to rescue and one that was fighting and shooting, it occured to me that trying to get said people to join your colony after they were treated would be hard when you explain you killed their friend/ squad-mate.

Also on the subject of non lethal force, would explosive collars be possible so captured people could be forced to work in the colony and not be so useless. They might not be ture colonists and have massive mood decreases and cannot go far away from the colony but it seems odd that the raiders I downed that may of killed a colonist and I want them to replace them and yet I have to coddle up to them despite what they have done.

your thoughts?

Pax_Empyrean

Yes to nonlethal options. No to explosive collars. I'm fine with prisoners being useless until you can convince them to actually work for you.

For nonlethal options, I'd suggest fists (always available, so that's nice), a stungun (improved nonlethal melee), a taser (nonlethal ranged), and tear gas grenades. Maybe some weird exotic high tech options, or whips for low tech subdual options.

Lightzy

From what I understood, the dev said that non-lethal subduing weapons won't be in because they're simply too OP in the context of this game.

Exploding collars would be fun though

tommonius

Quote from: Lightzy on August 01, 2016, 04:05:49 PM
From what I understood, the dev said that non-lethal subduing weapons won't be in because they're simply too OP in the context of this game.

Exploding collars would be fun though

well that is a shame but if we consider the fact that the colony has a soft cap so if you have a good amount of colonists then the conversion rate is painfully low then excess colonists caught with non lethal weapons become liabilities draining your colonies resources.

I am sure it could be balanced.

I really think there should be an evil option for explosive collars to enforce loyalty, with the caveat that if there mood goes to low they could get suicidal and try to run far away and blow themselves up.

It could be balanced further by colonists potentially having a big negative debuff at witnessing slavery, but hey sometimes I am screwed and have no one with any social skills to convert, so collar away and dig rocks for me!

b0rsuk

Dying raiders and colonists is how they chose to balance the game.

And yes, there's a sureproof way to instantly incapacitate a person. Psychic shock lance (high risk of brain damage).