Project Armory Recruitment

Started by Evul, March 01, 2014, 05:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

The Recruitment board:
This is the recruitment board for Project Armory this board is used for recruitment to the PA development team.

Available Positions:

• C# Programmers
  • Software Programmer (For multiplatform compatibility of the kit switcher)
  • Programmers for XML files
  • Pixel artist
*Note that tester recruitment are a separate board.

Requirements:

• Active
    There are one major requirement. You need to be active or semi active. you need to at least once a month show sign of life that you are still available. (Of cause life comes first but inform the Project Lead.) But many members show up make one weapon and disappear and we want to avoid that.
  • Skill
    You need to have some kind of knowledge of the position you applying to. Does not mean that you need to be a pro. Cause its a mod after all and it exist to make the game more fun. Even Evul is not pro on everything ether, believe it or not. :)
  • Teamwork and independence
    Project Armory is a huge team project and that mean that we have tools to comprehend with that. First of we have a SVN server gathering all our files. (use it there are no size limit.) and secondly we have a Mantis server to know whats being worked on. The mantis goes first you need to be active and update it when you working on a active weapon. Don't make something that is assigned to anyone else. So we avoid duplicates.

How to Apply:
When you think you can handle the 3 requirements you can apply.

Send your application in a PM to Evul:

Subject: PA Application: [PositionA,PositionB,PositionC].
What position are you applying for and what level of skill do you posses?

Why are you applying?

How much time are you able to dedicate to Project Armory?

Have you been in any mod teams before or have you worked on a mod your self? (Please add a link.)

Have you worked with a SVN server before?

Have you worked with a Mantis before?

Something else you want us to know?

Feel free ask questions in this the forum thread.

TimMartland

Well, I used to do Minecraft texture packs so I'm no stranger to pixel art. However, I'm really not that good at uploading/sharing/sending images and I dont have a good texturing program, so I probably wont be able to help. My coding skills are non existent too.
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Architect

I can work my way round the XML files with competency, but actually in C# I know very little. I was actually hoping to learn through modding this game. Basically, if you're recruiting for XML stuff, I'm applying, and if its for C#, I'm applying for an apprenticeship XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Hexxagon

I´m no graphic man, but I can help with coding, I am quite good at C#, I´m actually 'studying' it at my school  :)

Evul

I'm searching a bunch of coders for XML coding and it is the highest priority cause it is the major modding languish and the one this mod will focus on.

Architect

In that case I am most certainly applying :P
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Hexxagon

I understood the RimWorld original xml files quite good, and with a little bit of coding experience I coul probably help out, so if you need urgent help, I´d try it :D

Entityofsin

I've been doing YouTube related stuff for a little over 1.5 years off and on. So I could help with that.

I also do have a little bit of art skills and can create stuff in photoshop so I guess there's that as well.

dbltap441

I have skills in coding for over 2 years in LUA and HTML and I know how to use Photoshop and flash proficiently if you want me to show you some of my works I can provide...

TimMartland

Here is an M249 SAW I did quickly. Unfortunately, imgur hates me so the background is white and its been blurred a little (Ok, alot). I will try find a workaround, but you could try just shaving off all the bits outside the black outline and using it.

[img] http://i.imgur.com/ixohBOss.png?1 [/image]
'Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying'
-Arthur C. Clarke'
'Needs moar boosters!'
-Jebadiah Kerman

Evul

Hello!
I am looking on new ways on doings the kit switcher
It whould be awesome if some on could help me out rebuilding and make it easier to costumiz and mentain. :)

An idé i have is have a customizable ini file (or somthing) that makes the kits. Example:

Kit{
All_Weapons;"All weapons"
Allf_scifiweapons;"All SciFi Weapons"
}

All_Weapons;
{
PA_Filename1.xml;"Weapon name1";
PA_Filename2.xml;"Weapon name2";
PA_Filename3.xml;"Weapon name3";
}
Allf_scifiweapons{
PA_Filename1.xml;"Weapon name1";
PA_Filename2.xml;"Weapon name2";
}
Etc...

In that way it will be easy to make up your own kits :)

Felime

I've got a good amount of coding experience, but a lot of it's more data processing than this. I can do regular art, but pixel art is haaaaard. Might cut my teeth by tinkering with textures that exist already.

Evul

You have helpt us so you are welcome aboard anytime :)
I can send you a pm with descriptions and login information for our development build :)

Felime

Do that, or poke me on the IRC, I'll try to hang around there for a bit, and I can shoot you my skype if I'm there when you do.

Kantalope

I would like to help I can do pixel art and i know some coding. I tried making a mod before and it didn't turn out so well, but my pixel art isn't bad.