Show power use under info stats

Started by dosemeter, August 01, 2016, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dosemeter

Just a little tweak to flesh out the basics...I thought it might be nice to see the power consumption/production of electrical items before you build them. The info could be in the same place you find Flammability, Max hit points, Work to make....etc.
For items that vary in power consumption/production, maybe show the minimum to maximum.
(i.e.  Wind Turbine  0W-3000W)

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Kagemusha12

BlackSmokeDMax

Love the idea, especially if it were to be robust enough to show info from multiple power grids.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 02, 2016, 08:22:40 AM
Love the idea, especially if it were to be robust enough to show info from multiple power grids.

Huh ? This has nothing to do with your power grid.
The question is to check the information before building the item. When you select the building in the architect table and then press I for detailed info ..

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 02, 2016, 11:52:31 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 02, 2016, 08:22:40 AM

Huh ? This has nothing to do with your power grid.
The question is to check the information before building the item. When you select the building in the architect table and then press I for detailed info ..

Doh, was thinking OP was talking about an "overall colony power use" in information tab along the main bar of game. Kind of started reading and my mind drifted to the other idea ;)

See what you are talking about now, and love that idea as well, it really, really, should be in the game.

winddbourne

Havan_IronOak

++GOOD And not really that hard to do if a modder is already tweaking the production definitions.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on August 02, 2016, 06:30:25 PM
++GOOD And not really that hard to do if a modder is already tweaking the production definitions.

For sure, but I think the main point is this suggestion should be in vanilla.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 02, 2016, 07:48:48 PM
Quote from: Havan_IronOak on August 02, 2016, 06:30:25 PM

For sure, but I think the main point is this suggestion should be in vanilla.

Yup, and if its in Vanilla it would be displayd automaticly.
What the modders could to to further it, is improve their object descriptions.

Serenity

Given all the other stats displayed for some items, I have no idea why something this obvious isn't already in the game