[A15]Stay! - remove pets following master behaviour

Started by kaptain_kavern, August 02, 2016, 02:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

[A15]Stay!

Quote from: the readme
Master-assigned pets now behave like any other tamed animals. They stay in their restricted area if assigned to. They no longer follow their master AT ALL. If the master is drafted they seems to stay in the Home Area.

Download Version 1.0
on Github (Click on Stay!.zip)

This is a really quick and dirty work i've done seeing all the request. I really hope someone will search for something more elegant

Thanks to all the modding community on SlackWare and other part of the web \o/

Warforyou

That's usefull. Though is it possible to make animals trained "Release" still follow their master? That's the necessary fix!

It'll be easy to make bound animals stay at home then and still make use of teh battle bears!

stigma

Hmm, I don't think removing the master-follow completely is ideal.

I think the best solution is just to make it so that animals with masters still respect area restrictions (ie. they will follow their masters, but only as long as the master is in an allowed zone).

If I understand correctly this just disables following completely right? What happens if you release animals when this mod is enabled? Will they still attack - but just come running all the way from base? ..

-Stigma

kaptain_kavern

Like i said in the disclaimer i don't think this is ideal too.
The thing is, i tried to fiddle a bit in the XML code to have better behaviour but it was worst. Most of the time as soon as the master is drafted the animal run towards him.
In fact, after 3h of tests, even in this release they don't respect restricted area as soon as the master is drafted, but at least they don't run towards him.

If you look in the mod files you can see there is only one file with 3 lines commented (that's all i did codewise), feel free to try it too.

[ShortAnswer]I'm sorry i don't find a better solution for now[/ShortAnswer]

ruzackovich

very much useful . because my training pet always cross ridiculously  in the line of fire and died in silly way. by the way i train my pet for rescue only. the doctor and pet staying away from behind combatant

edit:
bad news: there is a bug with trader. they muffalo and all store pet. stuck at the edges off map. sometimes the trader not move away from my base, untill they all die starving.
good news : i collect every thing I sold, include my money   ;D ;D

FriedrichBar

Yeah the only problem with this mod is from the traders. Their muffs are stuck at the edge of the map and starve to death.

kaptain_kavern

I just had this problem and i was coming here to tell you about it.

I can't think about something that I can do. It was seriously too good to be true, as, like i've stated earlier, i just messed with the thinktree def without really trying to understand it.

I don't know what to do for now apart saying not to use this mod ... ( I will look into the files again but i'm pretty sure I can't do better than this  :( )

kaptain_kavern

Hey folks, there is another mod for that. And it's way better than mine (as stated in the OP).

Please check PetFollow by Hatti

biship

mo0504

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 15, 2016, 08:30:54 PM
Hey folks, there is another mod for that. And it's way better than mine (as stated in the OP).

Please check PetFollow by Hatti

This one here is better, because it works without CCL, i use yours ;)

kaptain_kavern

Ho it's kind of you saying this. I even haven't thought about that. (Also can I be curious and ask why you prefer not to use CCL?)
Asking this because now that I know that , at least you, keep using it, I don't want to abandon maintaining this mod.

Quote from: FriedrichBar on August 10, 2016, 07:30:19 PM
Yeah the only problem with this mod is from the traders. Their muffs are stuck at the edge of the map and starve to death.
Does this not happening to you?

mo0504

I dont use CCL because i dont like too much modifying in the game and second, no, i have no problems with traders animals... they come honestly to my paddock... a good mod, ty for it :)

kaptain_kavern

Will be updated to A15 in due time then ;-)

Ok, about CCL, if you may happen to have to install it (it is mandatory for a lots of mods) you can just install one of the two folders it contains, That way you just have the vanilla bug-fixes + dll libraries for other mods but nothing else added