[A14] Vampires! (COMING SOON ALPHA 16)

Started by Jdalt40, August 02, 2016, 02:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I add next?

Vampire Converting Humans to Vampires
0 (0%)
New Faction against Vampires (Hellsing Organization)
0 (0%)
Faster immunization rate for Vampires (Vampires don't need medicine for most diseases it's that fast)
0 (0%)
Faster non medicine heal rate for wounds (Gunshot wounds take less time to heal without meds)
0 (0%)
New Faction that generates Super-Vampires using Bionics and other parts (Millenium)
0 (0%)
Guns and Shields to be used against Vampires
0 (0%)
Other (Please Specify in comments)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 11, 2016, 03:13:49 AM

gofastskatkat

Quote from: SmartererThanYou on August 02, 2016, 07:29:00 PM
Quote from: Exende on August 02, 2016, 07:22:21 PM
make them die in sunlight!  (adding percentage until death sort of like heatstroke, but in sunlight instead of heat)

Like a solar panel, but not as helpful xD

This would be an issue on larger maps as they would probably die moving across it

Not to mention that if you read various lores about vampires, most of them have at least one type of vampire that is immune/resistant to sunlight.

Jdalt40

Quote from: Zhakir on August 02, 2016, 02:38:23 PM
Vampires maybe should have nightowl trait & cannibal trait built into their "vampireness"
(Because it is what vampires are now isnt it? :)   )
That part I am already looking into doing, but I am really interested in making these traits hidden so you can fit in more traits.
Quote from: ithikari on August 02, 2016, 02:10:36 PM
Does that mean we can fuck vampires now?
....... Not yet (You and your damn vampire fetish XD)
Quote from: Exende on August 02, 2016, 07:22:21 PM
make them die in sunlight!  (adding percentage until death sort of like heatstroke, but in sunlight instead of heat)
This is something I have not actually thought about, I don't know if people would like it though... I might try to add it in a seperate release for people that think the Vampires are too OP

Fluffe

I would look at the zombie mod atleast 2 of the things you want is done in that mod lol

Jdalt40

Quote from: Fluffe on August 03, 2016, 01:44:28 AM
I would look at the zombie mod atleast 2 of the things you want is done in that mod lol
Yep, I will do that right now :D

Jdalt40

Wait Fluffe, do you know what I can do to fix this bug? Vampires won't consume anything

Fluffe

Only thing I can think of is that ether its because your giving a animal foodtype to a pawn with a human think tree or you messed up some where in the food type area other than that no idea sorry

Edit try this dont think it will make them only eat corpses but atleast they should only eat meat
<foodType>OmnivoreHuman</foodType>

Jdalt40

Quote from: Fluffe on August 03, 2016, 02:38:08 AM
Only thing I can think of is that ether its because your giving a animal foodtype to a pawn with a human think tree or you messed up some where in the food type area other than that no idea sorry

Edit try this dont think it will make them only eat corpses but atleast they should only eat meat
<foodType>OmnivoreHuman</foodType>
Ah that's why, I was trying to make it so they still acted like normal humans but had to eat Corpses

Edit: I think I might be able to make my own ThinkTree for Vampires, but I am not experienced with it so this might not work well :D

Fluffe

Right you would prob have to make your own foodtype if you wanted that lol sadly I have no idea how to do tht anyway good luck with the mod :P

Jdalt40

Wait, doesn't the cannibal trait make human meat more preferable? If so couldn't I just force the race to have that trait?

Fluffe

Dynastiew

Most vampire are described in popular books and tv show as not liking the light and some even dying under it.

Even Alucard hate walking under the sun ;). So at least a big debuff mood for the base version seems normal.

Anyway i support this mod at 200%, i'm impatient to be able to use it ^^.

Dragoon

Van helsings vampires aren't effected by light a huge mood debufff seems unnecessary, people break fast enough as is espcially when they have night owl and are out during the day. The whole death in light thing I do not really like personally (no I dont like sparlepires either). Just my 2cents
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Jdalt40

Latest Update Includes!:

-Changed Forced Animal Carnivore to Corpses, this only makes Vampires eat Corpses when hungry (does not remove mood debuff from eating corpses)
-Vampire faction now has a higher chance to be hostile against you (This requires save restart to take effect)
-Vampires now have hair and the error log stops complaining about Vampires being bald

Jdalt40

To stop the confusion between Outlanders and Vampire town names, I will be adding in modified town names for the Vampire faction next update, please if you think of any awesome Vampire town names please post them here! Nvm, this name changing messes with my head :D

shadowgod3211

OH SWEET VAMPIRES AND ALUCARD SWEET SO IT'S PRETTY MUCH LIKE SOME KIND OF HELLSING TYPE OF SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH ;)