[A14] Vampires! (COMING SOON ALPHA 16)

Started by Jdalt40, August 02, 2016, 02:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should I add next?

Vampire Converting Humans to Vampires
0 (0%)
New Faction against Vampires (Hellsing Organization)
0 (0%)
Faster immunization rate for Vampires (Vampires don't need medicine for most diseases it's that fast)
0 (0%)
Faster non medicine heal rate for wounds (Gunshot wounds take less time to heal without meds)
0 (0%)
New Faction that generates Super-Vampires using Bionics and other parts (Millenium)
0 (0%)
Guns and Shields to be used against Vampires
0 (0%)
Other (Please Specify in comments)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 11, 2016, 03:13:49 AM

Alcarinus

Good mod man you just need to twek their diet(like they can eat raw meat or meat only meals, im saying this cuz i need to remenber to manually feed the vamps and i get really bad toughts about eating a corpse :'() increase the chance of infecting or adding a manual opition and same thing for the reviving(ghoul).
i already said its awsome!
Mod developers if you need help in portuguese translations PM me and ill gladly help.

Jdalt40

Quote from: shadowgod3211 on August 03, 2016, 07:09:21 PM
OH SWEET VAMPIRES AND ALUCARD SWEET SO IT'S PRETTY MUCH LIKE SOME KIND OF HELLSING TYPE OF SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH ;)
Nice enthusiasm :D
Quote from: Alcarinus on August 03, 2016, 11:05:54 PM
Good mod man you just need to twek their diet(like they can eat raw meat or meat only meals, im saying this cuz i need to remenber to manually feed the vamps and i get really bad toughts about eating a corpse :'() increase the chance of infecting or adding a manual opition and same thing for the reviving(ghoul).
i already said its awsome!
Sorry about the eating corpses thing, I am trying to make it so the Vampires can eat corpses without a bad thought about it, this is because I don't want Vampires to be just normal humans which eat normal food, the Vampires should eat corpses automatically so I don't know what you are talking about there :/

Right now the Vampires cannot do any reviving or infecting, I have not even started on that so there is no point in raising the chances of nothing :D

Alcarinus

DO IT FASTER! Lol im so excited with this mod and with that feature plzz!
Mod developers if you need help in portuguese translations PM me and ill gladly help.

Jdalt40

Quote from: Alcarinus on August 04, 2016, 01:58:16 PM
DO IT FASTER! Lol im so excited with this mod and with that feature plzz!
Fine... :D
I'll add in the next update the ability to take blood samples from dead bodies which will provide an immunisation boost to Vampires, this may replace consuming dead bodies with a more better option, sorry if you don't like it at the moment but it is the best I can do without a decompiler (my internet hates me now so I cannot download Visual Art Studios)

picatso

I am curious if it is possible to make vampires actually drink blood from living colonists/prisoners. Like a medical treatment interaction when pawns are sleeping, except special work type for vamps only for drinking blood instead.
That would be cool and make a new reason to keep prisoners for feeding :D
And then, the younger the target, the tastier the meal for vampires (lavish, fine, normal, bad... lol).

Jdalt40

Quote from: picatso on August 04, 2016, 08:33:08 PM
I am curious if it is possible to make vampires actually drink blood from living colonists/prisoners. Like a medical treatment interaction when pawns are sleeping, except special work type for vamps only for drinking blood instead.
That would be cool and make a new reason to keep prisoners for feeding :D
And then, the younger the target, the tastier the meal for vampires (lavish, fine, normal, bad... lol).
Right now it is possible for me to make operations which will remove blood from the body, but it is not possible for me 'yet' to be able to make a new work type due to me not having any decompiler yet and my lack of knowledge around dll's, I have made it just now so you can now drain blood from corpses at the cost of the corpse being destroy, this will get rid of the bad thought of eating corpses for the moment. This also allows me to set up a immunity boost when consuming the blood.
I will try to get the update out today :)

Jdalt40

New update is coming out today!
Just finishing off mod and fixing bugs!

Upcoming features include!
-New eating method for Vampires, Vampires now can drain corpses in the new Blood Table (similar to the Butcher Table) which consumes corpses for a new drink, Vampires can consume this drink and get a Immunization Health Impact which increases Blood Filtration when consuming the drink.
Sadly the mod will not be updated today due to a ton of bugs in the newest update, I will try to get it out in a week but I cannot guarantee that. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Nictis

Do they have a value boost? Like if a trader had one, would it cost more to purchase them because of their boosts?

Yikes on that mood drop though, forced to eat corpses and hating it does fit a lot of the more recent vamp stories though...

Kudos on adding a new race though, can't wait to see how big of a game-changer they are.

Dragoon

Ohhh ghouls would be interesting. I wonder how they would function.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Jdalt40

Quote from: Nictis on August 06, 2016, 01:16:54 AM
Do they have a value boost? Like if a trader had one, would it cost more to purchase them because of their boosts?

Yikes on that mood drop though, forced to eat corpses and hating it does fit a lot of the more recent vamp stories though...

Kudos on adding a new race though, can't wait to see how big of a game-changer they are.
The new blood bottle I am adding has the value of about 20 silver, this was based on the fact that trade ships probably don't have corpses on their ships to produce the bottle, although I am thinking of making a ultra blood bottle (made from 5 blood bottles and gives a ton of boosts).
The new race is forced to eat corpses in 0.2, but in 0.3 (coming in about a week) the blood bottles will be the new way to get food for Vampires, there is also no impact to using human bodies in creating the blood bottles.
Quote from: Dragoon on August 06, 2016, 06:38:30 AM
Ohhh ghouls would be interesting. I wonder how they would function.
The Ghouls I might add in will come in with a massive speed and strength boost based directly off the two Anime series, Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate. I am thinking of making new guns though specifically based to kill Ghouls and Vampires, again based on Hellsing and the weapons Alucard has at his disposal :D

Alcarinus

J if you want i can help with the mod translation to portuguese =D

Jdalt40

Sure! That will be fine! I really am stretched to the end with 0.3 so a translation would be helpful :)

Jdalt40

This mod is closing down :(
Due to the trouble of me being a extremely unexperienced developer, I have decided to shut this mod down, I will put the latest work file on the front page and here so other could continue my work and point out a ton of flaws with my Xml's :D. This also means that I have no issues with anybody editing or making a new mod of this, this is fully open to the public :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

TheBloodOfNight

I never coded anything, but it looks like fun, and  i find vampires interesting, so  i have some motivation. Now i wonder how much can i edit. I will try to make my first mod from this, i hope i wont give up ! I think i will only be using the pawns tho. Thanks for the opportunity.

Jdalt40

Sorry for necromancing my own mod right now...
But the Vampire mod is coming back!

Sorry for not getting this mod done fully, I did not have much experience in modding before this mod and this led to my downfall with this mod.
As I have a lot more knowledge on how DLLs work I am able to work on this a lot more and make this a completely new mod!

Be prepared to see this in a few weeks updated to Alpha 15

Anybody that was working on updating/improving this mod while this mod was dead can still go on with their work, I wouldn't even care if you posted an alternative version of this mod on the release page, you don't need to credit me to use this :)