Pets in their master's room

Started by gaf, August 02, 2016, 03:59:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaf

It would be nice if trained animals with a master, especially if they have a bond to their master, would prioritize sleeping or healing in animal beds placed in their masters bedroom.

This could then give the colonist master a boost if the bonded animal was there. Equally, to balance this buff the colonist could get a bad feeling if the bonded animal is seriously wounded.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: gaf on August 02, 2016, 03:59:31 AM
It would be nice if trained animals with a master, especially if they have a bond to their master, would prioritize sleeping or healing in animal beds placed in their masters bedroom.

This could then give the colonist master a boost if the bonded animal was there. Equally, to balance this buff the colonist could get a bad feeling if the bonded animal is seriously wounded.
I like the idea. Think I'd take it  a step further, to be able to assign sleeping spots/beds to any named animal.

Lightzy

cultist

+1 for assigning (some) animals to specific animal beds.

SpaceDorf

+1
Which would finally give us reason to actually build animal beds
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

CannibarRechter

You already need to build an animal bed: proper medical treatment.

Although I'm curious what the fluffy bed is supposed to do. Animals don't seem to have comfort.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

SpaceDorf

Right .. I need to put up animal sleeping spots.

No need for animal boxes or beds, no need to use any resources, thats what I meant,
since animals don't have any special needs.

But if I can put special animals into the beds, then at least the pawn can be impressed by the quality of the bed ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

CannibarRechter

That makes sense.

I think perhaps animal's should have a basic overall "well being" stat that could be impacted by comfort, sleeping conditions (e.g., covered barn), etc. It would intern impact: wool, milk, and egg production, etc, to give you a reason to more than just feed them and keep them in the right temperature range...
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

Yoshida Keiji

BUMPING UP a 2 years old suggestion I want to see in Version 1.0

Gfurst

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on June 23, 2018, 06:40:27 AM
lol, I'd like to see this as well, the pets do seem to prefer beds close to owners, the problem though is that other animals might get the bed ahead of them, so the only I think it would is to actually reserve the pet beds like they do with regular pawns.

Third_Of_Five

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on June 23, 2018, 06:40:27 AM

Lol, I would never have seen this otherwise.

+1 from me, I like this idea. I myself have tried putting animal beds in colonist's rooms to get their pets to sleep there, but it never works.

NeverPire

Fluffy beds are usefull to imrove the medical treatments to animals.

I like this idea, but for all animals, including cats.
However, the animal dirtiness will reduce the bedroom quality, so in my opinion, no need for an another debuff.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.