How to translate Mods (DefInjected folder) and more core?

Started by Jozay, August 02, 2016, 05:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jozay

Hi everyone
Sorry for my bad english.

I already translated before, such things as the vanilla core and mods like EPOE, Hospitality and colony manager, but the fact is with some other mods I just can't.
For exemple : I tried to translate 'CCL\French\DefInjected\HelpCategoryDefs'
<LanguageData>
        <GizmoHelp.label>Gadgets</GizmoHelp.label>
        <MinimapHelp.label>Minimaps</MinimapHelp.label>
</LanguageData>

but my changes don't appear in the game.

Question 1: Is there a way to unlock this ?

Question 2 : I still have some untranslated words in Vanilla translation, why? And how translate them ?

Thanks, bye

French translations :
- Hospitality
- EPOE
- More Vanilla Turret
- Colony Manager
- etc.
Feel free to MP me if you search a translator !
My GitHub repositorie

robfank

Hello everyone, first post here. :)
While I don't have an answer for this problem, I think I'm experiencing the same one.
Please bear with me, I'm very new to this. :)

I tried to start small and replace a few item names by changing the XML Defs and they all work in the Vanilla English version.
Once I try to use the same replace technique on the "Language" files (German in this case), I get the error(s):
"Duplicate def-linked translation key: DefName.label" and so on.

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

KviEt

Quote from: robfank on September 06, 2016, 06:40:38 PM
Hello everyone, first post here. :)
While I don't have an answer for this problem, I think I'm experiencing the same one.
Please bear with me, I'm very new to this. :)

I tried to start small and replace a few item names by changing the XML Defs and they all work in the Vanilla English version.
Once I try to use the same replace technique on the "Language" files (German in this case), I get the error(s):
"Duplicate def-linked translation key: DefName.label" and so on.

Does anyone know how I can solve this?
Hi.
The "Duplicate def-linked translation key:..." error is raised when ur "Language" files have two translation for DefName.label. For solve this you need to remove one translation.

Also for translation, u can try using my program, the program generates xml files for translation.