Mod Problems + Error Report Issue?

Started by AquariusRevival, August 02, 2016, 03:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AquariusRevival

Hey all!

So, I've been having this problem since yesterday. I believe I know what caused it. On Steam, I downloaded a couple mods (namely Crashlanding and Hospitality) and every time I'd open up the game, and New Colony, I'd get an error report that something was wrong with the Hospitality mod (even though it worked perfectly o.o).
I didn't understand what it was saying, and I figured I could more easily play the game if I didn't have to see these error messages every time my game loaded up. I had no issues with the mods I had, so I figured I didn't need to see it. I saw a button on the load-up error screen that said "AutoError: On" or something of that effect, and I clicked it to be off.

After I closed it, what I expected was that I could then go into the New Colony screen like normal and play the game... But nope. I am unable to enter the game. I exited to OS and then entered back in, tried clicking new Colony... Nothing.

I have:
Installed the CCL (which I hadn't installed before)
Uninstalled the game
Reinstalled the game
Disabled mods
Uninstalled mods
Uninstalled a second time
Reinstalled a second time
Deleted local files manually
Reinstalled a third time

I've tried basically everything I can think of, only to not be able to reproduce that error page to switch it back. Nothing.

I don't know C+, or any coding language really, but if I have to learn one to get this game to work on what should otherwise be a pretty simple fix? I'll do it.

milon

Can you post a log file?  That might contain some useful info.  See my sig for directions.

skullywag

CCL must be turned on first (so its loaded right after core) then the others, if you loaded ccl after hospitality for example it would break.

Also as above, logs help greatly.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

AquariusRevival

Quote from: skullywag on August 02, 2016, 03:46:06 PM
CCL must be turned on first (so its loaded right after core) then the others, if you loaded ccl after hospitality for example it would break.

Also as above, logs help greatly.

I tried running the mods without CCL first, which seemed to work, but then when I turned on CCL they also worked fine. CCL isn't the issue here, it seems to be whatever I did with the AutoError button.

AquariusRevival

Here's a file

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

crashlanding is the mod complaining, do you have the mods installed that were in the save when you saved it. if not thats the issue, the autoerror button you are referring to is simply the button to disable the popup of errors in the log when they occur (I think thats what you mean anyway) and has nothing to do with this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

AquariusRevival

Quote from: skullywag on August 02, 2016, 06:41:52 PM
crashlanding is the mod complaining, do you have the mods installed that were in the save when you saved it. if not thats the issue, the autoerror button you are referring to is simply the button to disable the popup of errors in the log when they occur (I think thats what you mean anyway) and has nothing to do with this.

I deleted all save files, and do not have that mod installed any longer.

EDIT: So, as of 8:05pm the game is able to run but ONLY if the Crashlanding mod is installed...

EDIT2: Is there any way I could disable the mod and still have the game run?... I don't want things crashing down from above on what should be solitary expeditions :(

milon

Only if you can both disable the mod and excise it entirely from your save file (often not possible or not worth the work required).

AquariusRevival

Quote from: milon on August 02, 2016, 09:49:12 PM
Only if you can both disable the mod and excise it entirely from your save file (often not possible or not worth the work required).

Seriously??? Jeez :(

milon

It wouldn't be worth it to me, anyway.  I don't know the save game structure, so if it was me I'd just start a new one.  But that's just me.  You can always ask for help in trying to fix this one - I just can't help any further there.